Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels expected to enter the transfer portal

Comments

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Uh, sure. SB IV is the reason UGA won the Natty. It was all OFFENSE behind the Mailman, who isn't on any list of NFL draft prospects in a very weak QB class. We'll see, next year, with 3 returning defensive starters, how this all works out. Mike Griffith said something a while back on a DND episode: You can like BOTH players (SB and JT) and that's OK.

I like both players. As players and people. Do I think JT's a better QB. Yep. So sue me.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

What games of JT’s are you basing your opinion of who’s the best QB? Surely not Cincy where he was bailed out by Pod and certainly not Clemson where he was bailed out by a pick six. Other than those all you have to go on are a handful of bottom feeders.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Bottom line: it doesn’t matter what Bennett nor JT does unless there is an argument over which would be the best backup.

Come fall camp, Vandegriff wil have had a year and a half to acclimate to the college game and hopefully working in the same offensive system we had this year under Monken.

Vandegriff is more athletic, has a stronger arm, and arguably a higher football IQ then either. He will lead the Dawgs to an undefeated regular season, something Young failed to do for Bama in his first year as a starter while winning the Heisman!

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is going to be said by all those folks, who are happy with the status quo, when J.T. goes to another program and plays lights out?  He becomes a 1st round draft pick, and starts by year 2 of being in NFL.  The same people who are ok with him leaving now, will be asking why coach KS let him go to keep SB4 happy.  There are those that continually ask, why CKS stuck with From and didn't allow Fields the opportunity to play significant snaps. I personally thought at the time, that Fields wanted everything too fast, and should have given it another year at UGA.. J.T. is most likely of the opinion he's stuck behind an inferior QB and will not see the field no matter how well he competes in the spring and fall camp as long as he's playing with the two's.  He's not willing to risk burning his last year of eligibility behind a QB that most likely couldn't make any NFL roster.

• Options
    KeepChoppingKeepChopping Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Stet will forever be a legend in the state of Georgia.

Stet is a lesser QB by almost every objective measure than Daniels, with the exception of "health" and a tad better mobility. No, team wins are not objective measurements of individual players. If Daniels can get over the health hurdle, he'll be playing on Sundays. SB won't, is what it is. Same reason I'm not on the Braves.

Stet won a NC, no one can ever take that away from him. Ever. Go out on top kid.

Outcome is not king over process. It worked out. Doesnt make it the right decision. If you're unable to understand this distinction, please never go to Vegas or invest in individual stocks. But you're welcome at my poker nights.

Stet coming back will hamper this team in the long run. Both in development of more skilled players on the team, and in the recruiting issues for both QBs and WRs it will create that others have discussed. If UGA wants an empire like Bama, it will require Kirby having the same offensive epiphany Saban did.

Good luck JT. Sorry we never got to see what you could really do. Thanks for being a model teammate.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First let me say this with all sincerity, I very much appreciate JT’s contribution to the Dawgs and wish him the Very Best as long as it’s not Against the Dawgs. Now a question for those here ( it’s just a question) who seem to be saying that without a doubt JT will be lights out at the next place he plays at Then on to the NFL where he will be great. OK I’m Not wishing this off on the young man. But What If he goes to the next place and is only average or worse ? And what if the best he can get later with the NFL is I drafted free agency at best ? What will y’all come here and say ? Will y’all answer those type questions here if that happens or pretend not to be on here ? I’m not trying to bash on JT but there was a valid reason of some sort Beyond injuries after he recovered that Kirby and Monken didn’t play him. So if he doesn’t turn out to be the great that y’all Assume he is will y’all come here and admit it ? I hope I’m Wrong for his sake. I hope he IS great. What I do know is Stetson Bennett did his part to win the Natty. Yes he had help after all it is a TEAM game. Just like he didn’t lose the SECCG by himself.

• Options

Yep allot of posters on here keep going on and in about the NFL. Well I guess if your an NFL team fan that’s important. But this is a DAWGS site. And it was Stets that Yes with help led the DAWGS to the first Natty win in 41 years. Did he do it by himself ? No of course not. And he went on and on After the game bragging on his teammates on Both sides of the ball for that help. For what ever reasons there are SOME fans that hate Stetson Bennett. And they seem to almost if not Hate Kirby Smart for being the HC and making a HC decision. No matter how many times you tell them that Kirby and Coach Monken SAW these QBs daily in practice AND in real games and decided to go with Stets they simply don’t want to hear it. They believe that THEIR knowledge is vastly superior to that of Kirby and Coach Monken. It’s really strange. But let em Hate on that’s not gonna change the record book showing the Dawgs won the National Title and Stetson Bennett was the QB. P.S. I don’t care about the NFL I’m a Dawgs fan and as long as Kirby keeps up his winning ways I’m as happy as a Dawg with a big thick steak !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

Oops better be careful !! Some of these folks will jump all over you for saying Kirby can make a decision without checking in with them first lol !! Dawgs lost only One game all season !! Just One !! So I think Kirby is doing some thing right !! Oh on that One loss everybody that’s anybody knows it was ALL Stets fault !! I mean in That game the Defense was lights out !! Just acting comical like some of them are doing. No BOTH Stets and the Defense simply had a terrible game BUT Both Stets and the Defense went back and worked hard came back starting with Michigan and had a Much Improved games. Stets did his role the Defense did to and got the W. No matter how many times you tell em they ain’t gonna believe. But I know you will. It’s ALL gonna work out. And the Dawgs are gonna be right back in the hunt for another Natty. With all the guys leaving back to back is Very optimistic but Not impossible. I feel the Dawgs will probably at least make the play offs . Or have a very solid season. Then the next year another Natty. I trust Kirby to Git Er Done !!