Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia seeking free-agent transfers, no guarantees for returning Bulldogs’ quarterbacks

2»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really? You don't think being in LA with all the HS football talent in CA and be a shoe-in for the playoff w/almost a Clemson -type guarantee to be the best team in the conference isn't an advantage to recruiting to Oklahoma?

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgOnTheBeach the entire quote is "trust the decisions that are made by the staff"

I added the video to the story for clarity.

I hope that adds the context you were looking for -- it's all there in the video.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kudzu Added the video to the story so you can see the reference was to the staff.

It is what it is, Georgia football moving forward looking for next title.

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't sense that Griffith has an axe to grind with Stetson. He appears to be reporting on comments made by Stetson on GMA which did not improve Stetson's image. I have stated before that Stetson's return could be a source of friction among fans and teammates whether he gets the starting job or not. This might be an example of that. JT Daniel has been an excellent example of dealing with adversity. and keeping your mouth shut.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Couldn’t agree with you more on the “friction” point… and you’re right this is an example. I’ve seen the actual interview several times, and am also concerned (as others appear to be) about the “daisy chain” of effects this uncertainty now may cause with potential recruits. My point before was just what many have observed off this site: I don’t think SBIV was indicating that he was expecting to get a guarantee from CKS, and that “staff” may not just be limited to CKS or the coaches alone. Further, I see many regularly assuming/implying the negative around SBIV when things seem unclear, rather than leaning the other direction. Just my 2 cents…

Regardless, I expect we’ll learn a lot more soon and there will be further twists and turns… as MG said, “… looking for next title”… the journey should be fun :)

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Stetson may have had to watch the interview himself to remember what he said. He was celebrating for most of the night and deserved to. How often will you get to celebrate a National Championship of that magnitude.

My question, is Vandagriff really performing as well as Kirby has led us to believe when he's spoke about Brock or is that just coach talk. I trust Kirby and staff will play the guy that gives the Dawgs the best chance to win. That is what he done this year regardless of our thoughts about who was better, Daniels or Bennett and the proof was in the NC trophy. We can only speculate about what may or may not have been with JT. Now with all that said, Vandagriff said

• KirbyFanKirbyFan Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

Like every other team, Kirby will be trying to get his players to compete at every position. No more, No less than all the other contenders. Mike you still Mad about JT?

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Out.Of.Control.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

That's what they said about Les Miles when he started at LSU. Riley was a 10.5 wins per year coach at Oklahoma. Richt was a perennial top 5 recruiting class producer and ended up with a 9.5 wins per year coach. Harbaugh had his "breakthrough" year in 2021 and look at what the Dawgs did to M.

Talent is a key component to winning the NC - Winston at FSU, Newton at Auburn, Burrow at LSU made one and done head coaches. Where has all that Cal talent landed lately?

Only Saban and Dabo have been able to repeat, of late (it took Dabo 10 years). Both are considered great coaches. Fisher, Cizik, Orgeron and Ford, not so much.

Riley may dominate the PAC in 6 years but until he wins a NC, he will be another also ran.

Kirby has a chance to repeat but he will need more speed and Heisman quality QB talent. VG and Gunner should get him there - SB won't. Unlike RIcht, Kirby has proven that he can take raw talent and coach them up to a higher level. And Kirby loves to recruit but he will need a strong NIL offering to stay in the top 3.