Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia seeking free-agent transfers, no guarantees for returning Bulldogs’ quarterbacks

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia seeking free-agent transfers, no guarantees for returning Bulldogs’ quarterbacks

ATHENS — It didn’t take long for the clock to strike midnight on reality in the aftermath of Georgia’s 33-18 CFP Championship Game win over Alabama.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

CKS love to play Russian Roulette with the QB room. I hate to hear JT is moving on, but he is smart, graduate and then he can do what he wants!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

QB competition is what I Hope to see . I honestly don’t think Kirby would guarantee any player even playing time less alone the starting job. And I honestly don’t think Stets is giving ultimatums or demanding any thing. I think he was severely hung over and having a hard time focusing. He said he’d only had a couple hours sleep. It’s gonna boil down to hot competition for the job and that’s Good !! AND the guy that gets the start vs Oregon could lose the job with a bad performance. Like All the slots Kirby is gonna play the guy he believes is the best opportunity to get the W. And ultimately all will be well for our Dawgs.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The portal has been good to us in some positions, but, so far, we haven't had much luck with QBs. It will definitely be interesting times.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We need to get some game breaker WR's out of the portal asap.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regarding Riley and USC:

If Riley couldn't win at Oklahoma, why should USC be any different? Glad he's taking Caleb out of the SEC. Just another Heisman candidate we don't have to compete against.

Also, if money was all it took to win a NC, one of these top grossing teams would be on top every year:

1. Florida State -- $69 million
    2. Clemson -- $61 million
    3. Miami -- $56 million
    4. NC State -- $46 million
    5. Syracuse -- $44 million

I think we're a few years away from the NIL program maturing enough to completely corrupt the recruiting system. But it will happen. We need to get out ahead of it. We need to tie-up Coca Cola, Delta Air Lines, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Southern Company, Zaxby's, AFLAC, Home Depot, UPS, NAPA, Chick-FIl-A, Tyler Perry, Lionsgate, etc.

Further, winning in a weak conference is not going to help his national aspirations when it comes playoff time - ask Harbaugh or Fickell.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

We know about as much about Vandegriff as Bama knew about Young this time last year.

Beck proved with the pick six against UAB he has neither the heart nor the maturity of a champion.

I am officiating on the Brock Vandegriff bandwagon!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Crazy **** world. UGA is going to look for a QB in the portal when the top QB now in the portal (JT Daniels - now #3 betting line for the Heisman in 2022, behind Bryce Young and CJ Stroud) is on their roster (and yes, that includes Caleb Williams). Kirby and QBs - definitely not his strong suit.

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

MG, he wants “to see if he can trust the decisions” of the Georgia coaches Why do you insist on linking SBIV comment about next year to UGA coaches when he never mentioned the school or coaches. Is that proper?

• cincydawgcincydawg Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who wants NC's to be decided by money? I hate what this is becoming.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Certainly, there's no guarantee that even presuming that JT enters the Portal that he leaves, but I would suspect that Smart wouldn't be happy with the scenario and wouldn't really want him back. Fingers crossed that he transfers to the West Coast somewhere where he can succeed but not be a threat for us. I think he's earned the right to be a DGD and certainly was indicating that Georgia was his home.

What I would like to see is for Smart to hire a dedicated QB coach and to quit trying to control the offense. Smart is a mastermind in terms of the Defense and should allow Offensive coaches to decide who the QB should be and what plays are being called. I have to believe that not having a QB coach is intentional and that needs to change. We're going to need a higher powered offense in 2022 to compensate for the loss of the NFL level defense.

Beck deserves a shot somewhere else and I hope he takes that shot. He still has potential, but he won't likely see more than a handful of plays if he stays. Vandagriff needs to be getting the spotlight now and not just relying on Bennett. Bennett doesn't need the practice: Vandagriff and Stockton do.

GIve me the 3 year old that wants to be the QB at UGA anyday over a guy that has no skin in it other than money.

Is Tom Cruise too old to play SB? You know he's only 5'7 in real life.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also, GET MORE WRs. It's crazy that we have these amazing QBs who don't have anyone to throw to. You can never have too many. Just Ask Bama.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Could not agree with this post more. While I’ve been denying it to myself for sometime, this article is the clincher for me: MG just has an axe to grind around SBIV and appears to be trying to influence rather than report in many cases. There’s rarely an article where he doesn’t put an SBIV dig/spin in, even if the article is not about the QB role in particular. This continued, intentional misconstruing of that quote is such an obvious indicator…

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This QBs coach point is a good one, and one I really hadn’t considered. While I still believe Kirby will pursue victory without biases (at least those unrelated to performance), I think this guidance outlined by kirkhilles would be a major positive around increasing stability…

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This article now makes me wonder if Caleb Williams delaying his choice is to see if SBIV, JTD and Monken will remain at UGA.