Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

MLB HOF voters are absolute morons

2»

Comments

• Options
    dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've said it 100 times. If ozzie smith deserves to be in the hall andruw should be as well. And I love ozzie and believe he should be in the hall.... I just think andruw should be to.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Andrew will get in the same way Murphy does, veterans committee

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DamnYankeeDawgDamnYankeeDawg Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Andruw will eventually get into the HOF. It will take a few more years, but he'll get there.

Remember, Andruw's comps are not guys like Ortiz. He is being compared to CFs already in the Hall. This includes guys who played in the golden era like Mays, Mantle and Snider. Going back a little further, you have DiMaggio. If you want to go way back, Ty Cobb.

If you want to look at guys who played in his era, any discussion of stats begins and ends with Ken Griffey Jr. who was every bit as good in his first 10-12 years in the field as Andruw was. I will go one step further. The other guy you have to look at is Mike Trout who is tracking HOF, the last 2 injury seasons notwithstanding.

Both Andruw and Jr. played great defense. 10 consecutive gold gloves for each guy.

The differentiator, if you look at it from the perspective of the HOF voter who did not vote for Andruw, is offensive production. Jr. dominates, by a wide margin, in the offensive stats that count. It's not even close.

It doesn't make Andruw a bad offensive player by any stretch. He was very good while in Atlanta. Griffey was just that great in the steroid era. And he didn't juice.

Now, the HOF voters will have to eventually realize that Andruw's numbers are great for his era, just not Griffey great. And that's ok because Griffey was a generational talent in CF.

Once they do, Andruw will get elected to the Hall.