Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arch Manning: ‘They loved it’ was the report from the Manning family after their latest UGA visit

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The point you seem to miss is that BAMA nearly got beat several times, but even when they couldn't get the run game going, they had play makers at the skill positions the other teams simply didn't have and it saved their bacon and they made it to the NC game and were in it til just a few minutes left even without their top 2 receivers, why? becasue they had the best QB in the country. Thems the facts. Even with our "generational defense."

We won't have that "generational defense" this year and it will behoove us to have an even better offense than last year, If we won't to get back to the NC game. Now I don't see us really being challenged intil the SECC game. So, unless we just take someone for granted ala BAMA-Texas Tech, then we cake walk in.

I believe we have the skill players if everyone is healthy to be an unstoppable force on offense. That plus a good defense(probably not generational) should be enough or close to it.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well said; however, I still disagree with you regarding BAMA's QB. While he is very good, I've seen much better. I'm not convinced he's the second coming...yet. I may be wrong about him. I need to see a larger sample size before I throw him in with the likes of J Montana, M Vick, S Young, J Elway, J Burrow, etal..

A big part of BAMA's and Young's success, or lack of failure, last year....was, luck and favorable officiating. For instance...the Young fumble, at the end of the 2nd qtr of the SECC, that Nolan Smith failed to pick up or recover while the ball bounced back to Young as he was trapped under Wyatt on the ground. Had the ball bounced in any other direction, UGA gets the ball back, and Bama doesn't score at the end of the half which would have changed the complexion of the second half completely.. Plain and simple, luck.. LOL.

Lady luck has smiled on BAMA many times over the years, along with favorable officiating. The tide has turned, (excuse the pun). They ran out of luck in Indianapolis and UGA's dominance in the 4th qtr precluded any interference by BAMA-friendly officials (not that they didn't try).

Some might say, "Well, BAMA makes their own luck and they have the skill players to take advantage". To a small extent that is true. But, unless Saban has a telekinetic ability that hasn't been revealed, they can't control the bounce of an untimely fumble or the trajectory of an opposing RB (Bigsby). LOL...if he did, he probably would have used it on A&M's winning field goal...another game where BAMA's luck ran out.