Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett: ‘It has gotten easier’ being No. 1 after closed-door meetings with Kirby Smart

2»

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are exactly right @BigDawg61, about Bennett being #2 for the Clemson game. I was at that game, sat on the front row right behind UGA bench, and as I've stated here before, at every commercial timeout during that game, Bennett would aggressively and quickly warm up as if he was going in the game right away. He did it so much and so hard, that I asked my friend if Daniels -- who kept playing -- was hurt or something. Obviously, Bennett never went in, but now we all know that indeed, Daniels was injured then, and yes, if he couldn't completed the game, Bennett would have replaced him. Whether they ever said it publicly, Bennett was always QB2 in the minds of the coaches -- until he was QB1. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

I wouldn't think they could play if they weren't active students. Maybe he is working on an advanced degree? But from what I have seen of his determination, I can't imagine him not going to classes. So that was an interesting comment.