Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Carson Beck looked better than Stetson Bennett on G-Day; honest takes by position

13»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A couple things I forgot to mention or left out...

Bennett injured his throwing shoulder on the TD pass to Jack-Saint.

And, for all intents and purposes, this is Bennett's Junior year and 3rd year in Monkin's system and 2nd Spring. He's only had about 16 or 17 regular season starts. He's a late bloomer. I saw him improve dramatically from his first game in 2020 to the 2021 CFP. I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed in his 2022 body of work. If he can put it all together, he could actually be high on the Heisman board before the FLA game. We'll see.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is a stretch to think that ALL 3 top QB's got equal reps so far this spring no matter what CKS says. Not to mention the uneven reps they all got last fall/winter. 43% completion % with a healthy OL and mostly healthy receiver group vs a make shift defensive backfield after receiving a lion's share of practice reps is at best worrisome.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's really worrisome, is Beck and Vandergriff's performance on the Black Team when compared to Bennett's. Bennett got 26 points. Shoulda been at least 4 more, due to a missed extra pt and Kirby not allowing a field goal at the end of the half, which he told McElroy, he would have done in "a real game". Beck and Vandergriff alternated halves and neither one sustained a drive or scored a point. THAT says something.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

McIntosh missed a sure TD on the 3 yard line also..

• Options

For better or for worse SB is the guy. I'm completely OK with the only guy who led us to the NC we haven't had in 40 years even with the likes of Fromm, Murray, Greene, and Stafford. Will he lead us to another NC? I don't know, Tebow only won 1 with FLA. It's hard to repeat I don't care how good you are. Trevor Lawrence and DeShaun Watson only did it once. ANd they were the top rated Qb's coming out of HS playing on great teams. Perspective please.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

What's worrisome is not developing your highly rated QB's. Will probably lose (another) 1 this week and be the reason UGA doesn't recruit a 5* QB in '23. Hopefully SBIV takes that leap that is expected from a 3 year starter at the CFB level. Either way this team is good enough to carry SBIV to the SECCG again this year. We will see if that is the ceiling of this team. IF that is your ceiling this season do you let your future QB's go undeveloped (or leave) this year? Who do you go with next year when you have better chance to run the table based on the '22 recruiting class development and AL losing their Heisman QB? Other schools (AL, OK, FU, etc) have played their young QB's and seen them develop. SBIV has started for 3 years (1 in the minors - ALL major leaguer's spend time in the minors to get up to speed) and according to Bill King's article "looks like he usually does" . It would not surprise me if CKS sees this also and we see a changing of the guard during the season. We will see.

• Options

Wait, I thought SB finished 3rd in QBR last year behind Young and Stroud?