Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

White helmets top ‘clean’ look, Georgia QB legend and elite recruits on board

2»

Comments

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seem to recall several years ago when we opened the season in ATL against a team that was known for quirky uniforms, and we wore some hideous get-up that wasn't our look. Not that the looks had any impact on the team's performance, but between the image and the play, that game was difficult to watch. I don't like the all whites.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have said it before, and I’ll say it again, the white helmets are f u g l y! 😬.

If the Dawgs must wear them, do it during a game with a cupcake team… I am suspicious of providing any unnecessary distractions for the players during a real contest…. 😑

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Imagine the Fighting Irish with a white helmet.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't want to see Georgia be like Oregon with all those different uniforms combination. However, I like to see them change it up every once in a while. That all white do make statement.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

So UGA colors are now red, black AND white. Those white helmets remind me of 1970s Miami Dolphins. Didn't care then, not now. The kids have no traditions and like flash. I understand. But college is where so many of us "found" our traditions. The old "dawgs" teach. New "dawgs" learn. There is a "Georgia Way" and it is a pretty good road to follow.