Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

White helmets top ‘clean’ look, Georgia QB legend and elite recruits on board

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhite helmets top ‘clean’ look, Georgia QB legend and elite recruits on board

ATHENS — Georgia football will have a new look in 2022, and quite possibly in more ways than some might have imagined.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sort of reminds me of the Miami Hurricanes. I am with the whatever Kirby wants crowd and I want to see them at least once in a game crowd and then I can give a more informed opinion. I have an open-mind. They might ****. They might be awesome.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No way, no how. How often do you see Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma Messing with their uniforms? Answer = none. Dump the black jerseys. Don't don black helmets. White pants OK, for home games. Red away pants every other year when we play Tennessee, on the road to remind them of Herschel Walker.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

OMG please no.

I need to find an eye wash station immediately.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2022

Does anyone remember why we wore the black jerseys against Mississippi State in 2020? They finished the regular season 3-7 that year and the weeks before they faced us they lost by 22 points to Kentucky and 44 to Bama. In fact they only scored a total of 2 points in those games. I don’t know why we wore black jerseys and why we had so much trouble beating them. MG mentioned it was a big night for JT, but I think part of the reason there are doubters regarding JT is because he was 3-0 in his regular season starts for UGA in 2020, but none of his opponents (MS, Missouri and SC) had a winning record. They went 3-7, 5-5 and 2-8 respectively. Oh well, matters not because we won the games and he’s off to another school. I hope he finally stays healthy and has better luck at West Virginia than he had at UGA and USC because he was loyal to our team last year after his season tanked. Go Dawgs!!!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No no no no no no!

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would no doubt strike into the opponent an overpowering fear of.... peppermint.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like the hard candy you used to get at Christmas those stripes. LOL!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2022

Please no.

I like our white away jerseys, and I think we play best in them! But NOT all white uniforms.

They look ok in the pics, but the white uniforms will look awful with grass stain on them.

I'll say yet again...how in the world do the recruits NOT like that gorgeous Bulldog red helmet???

If they want to make them look more throwback like from the 50s or 60s, that's ok, but I don't think these are intended to be a throwback.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll take a stab at this...it was something different to really impress this new cadre of recruits...who to the player approved. However, this is not UGA's "look." And, step further, it will not be seen on the field of play...IMO. I thinks it was a show more than tell. Just my random opinion.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

🤣🤣🤣....That's hilarious.

Thanks a lot! Now, I won't be able to concentrate on the game, if they are in those uniforms. I'll be thinking about Christmas and candy canes...and, I hate peppermint. LOL

You know, they used to be called "Silver Britches" when I was in school. If they want to tweek the uniform; one way to alter it and maintain the color integrity, would be Silver Jerseys with Red or Black Pants, with a Black, Red or Silver stripe . As far as I know, they've never worn Silver Jerseys.

In developing this White Uniform, they probably got a lot of Student input, with "focus groups" and the like. This is probably something that looks "cool" to the youngsters today and I've got no problem with it, as long as they don't change the colors or the "G".

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember seeing the first C-7 Corvette (not the latest C-8 version) and thinking, they just ruined the look. Didn't like it at all. But the more I saw it the more I liked it. I now own one of those same Corvette's and think it's one of the best looking of all time.

I don't get the dislike of the all-white look. I think it looks great! I hope we get to see them this season and would love to see them in the neutral site game against Oregon.

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

NOT NO ..BUT HELL NO..

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why even trot them out in the first place? By the way, Hell No! Go Dawgs!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every picture I see, the black stripes appear blu-ish or even green-ish.

I really don't get it because White is really even one of the team colors and the red is barely visible.

Honestly, though, I would leave it up to the team. Even if I were to hate it, if the players REALLY REALLY wanted to wear it then I'm all for it. What I DON'T want is some superstitious BS that bites us in the butts like the black jerseys did. I think the black jerseys should be chosen for one game per year and get excited and get the fans to "black-out" but don't act like it'll cause you to win a game.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We don't need gimmicks to win games or to get recruits. Why in the world do we feel the need to put them in non-existent uniforms for their pictures? The red helmet is iconic and everyone knows it immediately. It's kind of like handing recruits that baseball bat for pictures. I have never understood that and it always seemed silly. It's not part of the team or equipment so what is the point?

They look like the Akron Zips.