Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Shift in power or blip on radar? SEC Network star Chris Doering eager to see how Georgia responds

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageShift in power or blip on radar? SEC Network star Chris Doering eager to see how Georgia responds

ATLANTA — Georgia won’t truly be able to answer any questions until Sept. 3 when it opens the season against Oregon at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to believe it's already that time of year! Yes, Bama and Dawgs for the SEC. And Dawgs should have plenty of motivation after last year's shocking defeat to Bama in the SECC. King Kirby won't let our warriors forget what happened that night.

GO DAWGS!

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

be on board, and It's not done yet,,,,,,,,, Have seen flips at last minute (G. Pickens). But YOU with us or against us, bottom line... We will be alright, and the correct recruit will he will excel, (Hearst, Hampton, Edwards, Moreno, Tate, Davis, Worley, Henderson, Gurley, Chub, Michel, Swift, White, ____)

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

My sentiment, exactly! I have a higher expectation for this team, going into this season than last year's team, going into their season. I think a lot of people will be surprised at how good this year's Dawgs will be, on both sides of the ball.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent post!

The first sentence nails it.

In a very real sense nobody knows what the crystal ball doesn't reveal, but think about it.

Kirby has been from day one all about building true depth. He's had time to do so. Last year demonstrated the importance of stacking layers of talent. It also looked like he'd done a much better job of it than the guy one state to the west who had a team highly dependent on a few key pieces.

If anybody works hard and is demanding of their staff and players it's Kirby. He is extremely unlikely to think winning last year means anything this year.

Players resting on their laurels will be resting on the sidelines and/or running the stadium stairs.

This will not be last year's Georgia team trying for a repeat. This will be an entirely new team with a mixture of players old and new. Hungry. Eager to prove their own wares. Eager to build their own legacy. Eager to prove something.

Above all, winning is fun. If Kirby teaches anything (and he does) it's how to work hard all year in an effort to have tons of fun on fifteen fall Saturdays.

Last year we beat Alabama when it counted. Texas A&M beat them. A bad Florida team almost beat them. Even Auburn, a weak Auburn playing their very best game of the year, probably should have beaten 'em. Last year's Alabama was far from invincible. That tells us very little about this year's Tide team, but it's not likely Saban and the Tide can merely reload and do the same thing at the same level as last year and win 'em all.

Don't get me wrong because I take every opponent seriously. Anybody can beat anybody. Still, I think Georgia's program and team - as young as this team is - are very well positioned to be contenders.

Go, Dawgs!