Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida AD: Georgia administration ‘seems committed’ to keeping Cocktail Party in Jacksonville

2»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Maybe the reason Stricklin is lobbying so hard to keep the game in Jax is a smidgen less painful than seeing our Dawgs beat them in The Swamp !! 😀. 🎵🎶 Ohhh Nothing Makes Me Happier Than Stomping The Mud Lizards 🎵🎶

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's more important that our fans party at St Simons, etc than for our coach wishes to be observed.

What'll Josh say once Kirby wins the Natty this year?

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2022

I live at the bottom end of South Georgia, have family in Jacksonville but this game has to be moved. Recruiting is just to important and to competitive to continue with the GA/FL matchup in Jacksonville. I enjoy the cocktail party but I enjoy Georgia winning championships more and recruiting is an important piece in that development.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, this idea has been brought up a lot, and seems to be becoming a reality. But for the life of me I can't figure out how it's supposed to be a solution. Smart's whole point is that he wants to be able to have the biggest recruits on campus for the biggest games. Which will always include Florida, no matter how committed to mediocrity they seem to be at times. Why would any Georgia coach want their biggest recruiting targets burning their official visits on a game played hundreds of miles away in the state of Florida?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Or drive to Jacksonville and watch drunk, obnoxious fools there? 99% of those fools will be wearing orange and blue though 🤣

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I definitely want this game to remain in Jacksonville. But, I would give back my hard-earned (and paid for) UGA diploma to just immediately move this game to home-and-home so that Georgia people -- including Coach Kirby Smart -- would JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!! Sheesh, the amount of whining about this game is ridiculous. Play it in Moldovia for all I care, just quit whining about it!!!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The narrative might change when the expanded SEC schedules come out and Vandy, UK and Mizz don’t come to Athens every other year. If we play albarn, Lsu, A&M and Texas and or OK in Athens one year, what a home schedule that would be and the game being played in Jax will be a mute point. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That would be an argument in favor of leaving the game in Jacksonville. If we can win back-to-back NCs with the game there, that would seem to indicate that our recruiting is perfectly OK. I am not in favor of leaving the game in Jacksonville, I think the gators in Athens will be a huge draw for elite recruits.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Screw Jacksonville! Let florida play their home game there and we can play ours in Athens!