Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: ESPN anchor, Georgia fan Elle Duncan ‘incredibly nervous’ about Stetson Bennett

13»

Comments

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is it about ESPN talking heads....they love to spout off the most enaine fact devoid comments.....who the hell else knows the Monken play book better than SB IV, not to mention having the most experience implementing it??? So much for dumbass ESPN commentary.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

And the Good news is that though she’s a Popular fan and gets on sports media shows ( for some reason, Real popular I guess) in the end just like Me she is just a fan. Thank Goodness !! So with all due respect to her and Paul and all the “experts” ( same experts that gave UGA little to No love in preseason last year) at ESPN, I think I’ll just Continue to put my faith and confidence in Kirby Smart, Coach Monken, and Stetson Bennett. I know those three aren’t nearly as popular with ESPN and even Some Dawgs fans, but they were holding up a National Championship Trophy after the conclusion of post season. Oh I know, I know, the Dawgs just “ lucked out” with Stets at QB. Uh huh OK. And IF this and BUT that. And Had Things Been this way or that way, etc. etc. etc. Well anyone who wants to enjoy those Theories, by all means, Enjoy. As for me I’m gonna continue to Enjoy the image of seeing STETSON BENNETT holding up that Ntl. Title Trophy and puffing on a Stogie !! And I Believe that He ( and the Dawgs O) and Kirby Smart and Coach Monken and the Dawgs Defense and Special Teams can Do It Again !!! And even if they don’t do it again, they Will play a very, very strong role in making the team that does, EARN it !!! Just like Stets and all the rest of the TEAM Earned it last year !!! Go Dawgs !! Go Stetson Bennett !!!

• Options
    jg74jg74 Posts: 13 ✭✭ Sophomore

Keep it classy Dawg fans! No use in getting uptight over harmless opinions. It's sad when we start calling each other names because of different opinions. I could call my fellow Dawg fans names for being so sensitive. Go Dawgs! Sickem!

• Options

Your right, mostly. But I don’t think it’s very classy to compare Stetson Bennett the QB ( whether “fans” like it or not) that helped lead the Dawgs to their first Ntl. Title since 1980, to a 4 year old child’s reading efforts on a Nationally Syndicated Sports Media program either. Sure she’s entitled to her opinion, in This country we All are. But I don’t see even the slightest bit of Class in the Way she presented her opinion. So she shouldn’t be shocked if Allot of Dawgs fans refute and offer rebuttals her opinion with allot of Zeal we might say. She should have Kept It Classy appearing on TV and voicing her opinions to. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it. She Could Have but Didn’t voiced her opinion in a Very different manner. But Hey she was on TV and there was a camera on Her, right ?? Gotta feed the trolls !!

• Options

I don’t know what her finances are and frankly could care less. But perhaps she could consider buying a car dealership or working at Publix. Her life is her business. As for Stetson Bennett he’s Living His life, His dream. That he’s busted his rear end for, Hard, on and off the field of play. And no where that I know of or am aware of has he done the Dawgs any real and lasting hurt in so living his life and dream. And I trust in Kirby Smart and Coach Monken that IF in the course of This season Stetson’s Continued living his life and dream begins to be detrimental to the Dawgs efforts, they are both mature enough and experienced enough to make the necessary changes to get on the right course. For This Dawgs Fan if I don’t place my faith and confidence in the Head Coach and his staff to make the right decisions then For Me it would be a long season filled with anxiety. But fortunately for Me, I’m not shackled by such anxieties, because I Very Much Do trust in the Head Coach and his staff. And until he proves me Grossly wrong ( I’m not talking about occasional mistakes, ALL players make those including Heisman Winners) and is just way off on a continuous basis I’m gonna have faith and confidence in Stetson Bennett to. Regardless that he doesn’t have the so called Look and Pedigree of the so called prototypical NFL QB. I don’t watch the NFL and could care less about them. I want the Dawgs to win.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@reddawg1 ...below is a an excerpt from a "DAWG POST" article, written in follow-up to this year's "Media Days". It's a quote from Kirby Smart, in response to a question, concerning Stetson Bennett.

I think it says it all. The question is, why didn't any of the reporters at Dawg Nation print the quote? Anyway...here it is:

"(Bennett) gives us the best chance to win the next game, and as long as he was the best one to win the next game, he was going to be the one out there,” Kirby said reflecting on staying with Bennett during the 2021 season. “There was thought among the staff that (Bennett) was the best guy at the beginning of the season. There were opinions that felt that way. It was not a consensus (that Daniels should start).” ****Kirby Smart quote from 2022 SEC Media Days on the 2021 QB competition****

Funny...MG and others keep insisting that Beck was the #2 QB last year, coming out of Fall Camp. Kirby Smart clearly refutes that assertion. It was always between Bennett and Daniels.

There's no way in hell, a Coach is going to replace a Starting QB after a Monday practice, as Dawg Nation sportswriters continue to assert. LOL Who knows why Beck ran with the #1's on the Monday before UAB, instead of Bennett. Maybe Bennett was slightly injured or hurt...maybe Smart needed to get Beck up to speed, cause he needed a qualified backup to Bennett...maybe it was motivational...or, maybe, it was all of the above.

What I do know...is that no member of the Coaching Staff, ever named a QB pecking order in the 2021 preseason. Going into, or coming out of the Clemson Game. After the Clemson game, Smart named Beck the #2 QB. He just didn't mention that, Bennett, the #2 QB going into the Clemson game, had been moved up to #1 after the Daniels injury.

Smart did, last year,, what Brian Kelly is doing this year.. He was intentionally vague, where it came to the QB pecking order. That seems to have confused the hell out of the Sports World. LOL

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Your point on positive SBIV coverage NOT featured on DN is a good one, from my PoV (though I think I may have seen that quote...?). There's a lot of "reporters reporting on the reporting of other reporters" (😁) on this site, yet did we see coverage of CBS Sports naming Stetson in the Top 10 quarterbacks nationwide in 2022 (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-qb-power-rankings-bryce-young-c-j-stroud-already-battling-before-2022-season-begins/amp/)? I don't think so.

BTW, if it WAS covered in a DN article I missed, profuse apologies (please send link). Regardless, on a fan page, it should have been headline news, especially when the negative gets full articles. Just sayin'...

Looking forward to kick-off in ~5 hours... engoy the game Dawgs fans!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well...the final whistle has blown. What do ya think?

The first article written on a QB was by @MikeGriffith on Bo Nix. Believe it or not...not a single word on Bennett from MG.

In the first week of the season, JT Daniels' and Bennett's performance on the field, blew up Dawg Nation's assessment of the 2021-22 QB situation. On top of that, they continue to assert that Beck was the #2 QB going into the 2021 season, despite evidence to the contrary.

I think Bennet must have looked at somebody wrong, on the Dawg Nation Staff. LOL. Seems personal at this stage of the game.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

This b***h already owes the 'Mailman' an apology!