Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Samford live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 2 game

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett just lost his stripes. How can you shine one week and look so bad the next. He makes poor decisions. This is not an SEC team. SC is salivating. Hopefully Kirby will let them have it at half time. He is being embarrassed. Dawgs...where are you? No let down allowed....lolol

• Options

It's not that Stamford looks better than Oregon..it is UGA looks much worse. Playing down to the competition..many of these points are FGs! Never reach the point spread this way. I am an emotional guy....so bear with me. LOL

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...Good joke.

I don't read anymore into this game, than I did the G-Day game. The Dawgs are pulling punches and trying to get their run blocking squared away.

Bennett's throwing the ball a little high. That's usually an indication, that you're trying to put too much into your throw (or an sore arm issue). He needs to forget about the anti-hype regarding his velocity and just be himself.

I don't expect him to be in much longer, so, it doesn't matter much today. At least he's throwing to the right targets and his footwork and vision are on point. Throwing errors can be fixed.

Every QB gets the yips from time to time. Young had em in the 1st three Qtrs of the game vs Texas. He straightened it out in the 4th qtr.. Bennett won't be playing in the 4th qtr.. So, I guess we'll have to wait till next week to see the Glory of UGA's full offensive might. LOL

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett seems like he's throwing high today at times.

• Options

Seeing the o-line play this team, I'm going to say that Oregon probably just isn't that good.

I know there is no challenge, but they should be able to push this team around at the line of scrimmage. 7 red zone trips and now score 6 times, but with 3 fgs?

Dom!!!! Finally.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I say if Georgia is going to play like this with a FCS school... Please don't put them on the schedule. I don't want to see a game like this. I just wasted my money.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great to see Dom in the game! Gilbert clearly still dealing with issues...don't think his head is in the game.

Time to get Beck in...

• Options

It's a shame that the 3rd team isn't in on offense, then it would explain why they have looked so bad this half. That o-line, if it looks like that against Florida, may get pushed around.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope no one put money on the 52 points spread.

• Options
    Cali_DawgCali_Dawg Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

So many Miss the point of this game, there is no preseason in college ball it’s only the second game of the season. This game is a tune up for the gauntlet of Florida, uk, and the rest of sec play. I wanted to see them to pull Stetson after first quarter and let the young qb all have a go at leading the team as the defense holds fast. Let them develop in that raucous atmosphere between the hedges. Obviously plenty of things for the coaches to use to help this young team develop further. Reload not rebuild!

• Options

Florida pushing them around...South Carolina will handle this team as well. UGA will have trouble with any SEC team looking like this. I keep rubbing my eyes in amazement. Samford is not that good. Kirby said the wrong things at half time I guess...where is Monken ..on Sabbatical? UGA is not playing like a #2 team and won't be after this. Someone needs to stir this team up.

• Options

Yet another FG....? Could not convert again inside the red zone. Samford is looking good.

• Options

I wonder if kirby is going to say how fun it is to be in this offense. I hope no recruits are there. Seeing a stadium nearly 60 percent empty at the start of the 4th qtr. Because they are playing the Fromm- Coley garbage offense. I hope they drop in the polls. They have been reading too much about how great they are. I know it's about reps,but bad reps can hurt.

Someone needs to tell kirby that it's going to be hard to pay his salary when fans stop going to or paying to watch these games if this is how they are going to play.

• Options

UGA...totally unimpressive. Needs to fall from #2..to something less. This is on Kirby and Monken! You csnnot play down to an FCS school like this. I understand that little Marshall BEAT highly ranked Notre Dame.

If UGA plays like this next weekend...as Uncle Lou says...your season is over. In fact, he is probably saying it now.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

App State beat Texas A&M in the house of cowbells...ouch. Their 12th man didn't help today. ND looked pitiful against Marshall and lost.

Dawgs didn't look very good. Again, these kind of games I never usually pay much attention to...we won't really know how good the Dawgs are until the last week of October when we start playing the hardest part of our schedule. Everything before that is a warmup...

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How ‘bout them Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!