Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia makes loud statement in 27-13 win over Tennessee in historic clash of No. 1s

2»

Comments

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So much positive energy generated by the Dawgs and the crowd, and it continues this morning, I haven't seen a negative comment posted on any of the threads. My comment isn't meant to be negative; I thought we had a great opportunity to be even more dominant than we were. I guess maybe I'm selfish.

A bit of the Vince Dooley and Larry Munson in me came out last night in the fourth quarter. I thought we had a chance to go ahead and bury UT but CKS elected to go "ultra" conservative IMO. With their ability to make lightening strike TD's I was still nervous at the 4:05 mark. One TD and onside kick recovery could have given them the chance to steal a game in which the Dawgs dominated so thoroughly.

Other than going conservative, which worked out, I thought it proved every naysayer, every "analist" (yes I spelled it that way intentionally) wrong, great win for a great program....

"How Bout Them Dawgs" and we did step on their face with hobnail boots again!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great teams are great partially because they have the options and abilities to do what needs to be done.

Yesterday when the rains came, and the ball was wet, and then when the field was soggy, what needed to be done - especially with us up 24-6 - was exactly what was done. Kirby & Company made perfect decisions; the Dawgs executed superbly.

Tennessee - I'm sure you noticed this - was in a terrible predicament. They needed a lot of points but they were forced by the same circumstances of weather and soggy field to burn clock. I've not done the math on it, but wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee burned more clock in the second half than we did.

You might say it was the perfect storm.

Had it not rained we would have dominated just the same as we did in our physical-beat-you-to-death manner, but we would have scored at least 14 and probably 20 more points, and the scoreboard would have been even more reflective of Dawg domination.

It wasn't Tennessee's fault. They played well. They're just not Georgia.

It looks like only the Dawgs are Georgia.

Go, Dawgs!