Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Georgia football became the toughest team in college football: ‘It’s not built for everybody’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageHow Georgia football became the toughest team in college football: ‘It’s not built for everybody’

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"If you want to know why Georgia is the best program in college football at the moment..."

I feel ya. Even the way things are going these days, after 50+ years of Dawg fandoming, I still hesitate to go all in.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby is The Hardest Working Man in College Football. His players follow his lead.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article.

Thanks for researching it and writing it.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article. I feel tougher after reading.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good article, I'd like to see a follow up where former players are thriving based on what they experienced here.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What an article! I'm ready to run through the wall and go all Terry Tate at work! HBTD Woof!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@connor. One of your best pieces. Enjoyable to read and with the exception of a couple of sentences where you reverted to what is a normal Connor style, seemed like you have upped your journalism game!!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Oldddawg76 I hear you. We “used” to have a saying.

”I want 3 Falcons and 3 bulldogs as my pallbearers — they have plenty if experience letting me down”

Looking forward to many continued years of success with the Dawgs. And now I need 6 Falcons.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah pushed around Tennessee for 4 quarters. Go Dawgz sic'em. Woof! Woof!😎

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A touching heart felt moment! Kirby kissing and hugging a player like he was his own son!

• Options
    ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore

A lot of work and tough love. I see why some players leave (Their loss) and why those who stay thrive at UGA and afterwards. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if we lost players like Brenton Cox, Jermaine Burton, etc. because they weren’t tough enough. I know they try to act like they left for more playing time, but comments like those from the Gator coach saying Cox was dismissed for “cumulative reasons” gives me pause and helps me realize Cox may have had other issues at UGA than just wanting more playing time. Some of our “lost” players are likely in the long run “gains” for the team. If you can’t take the heat then get out of the kitchen. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watched ESPN's recap of the UGA -Vols game Monday night. IT was one of those Mic'ed up deals or just had the boom on CKS before game, a little during and then after the game. Pregame speech(a snippet) and then what what he told the guys afetrwards in the locker room If you get the chance it's worth your time. Showed Kirby greeting and thanking former Dawgs like Nakobe, Quay Walker( I think) ane showed him complimenting George Pickens on his great catch.

After he gave his speechthere was a congratulatry exchange between Kirby and his son. Wow! The kid is a chip off the old block! He was like a passionate minature Kirby, maybe even more so!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a really good read, thank you Connor, for great insight on the dawg program! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I chuckle when I hear members of the national press comparing UGA to Bama and Kirby to Saban. Bama has not been the same since Kirby left, especially on defense. Saban may have been the brain, but Kirby was the heart and soul of the Tide

A player saying UGA is much more physical than Bama is very telling. It took a few years for Kirby to establish his culture of being the biggest and baddest regardless of who is across the line of scrimmage, but now, it’s every other team, including Bama, wanting to match Georgia’s toughness and physicality that Kirby has preached from day one.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby, are you my old Marine Corps drill instructor reincarnated? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Got some down votes. Understand, I know it's on me. I just need to get over it.