Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart gets testy in defense of Georgia situational execution: ‘That’s my decision to make’

13»

Comments

• Options
    AmberAmber Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Had the Dawgs made a touchdown on 4th and goal....there would be nothing but praise.....sometimes you've gotta take a chance. Credit to the D LINE. O line still has lots to work on....MUST score in the red zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia had several physically tough back to back games plus travel ....know it takes a toll on the body and mind...may need a little more conditioning...ie redlight therapy for inflammation reduction & mitochondrial strengthening! :)

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

🤣🤣🤣...Dang! Well said Navy. That's giving it back to em, like a true Dawg Fan. Don't let anybody get away with that nonsense.

@DJG76 ...thanks, Man. Lol...I take it as long as I can. When it starts going off-the-rails...I have to say something. Because I can! Lol...And, I DO know what I'm talking about. Which means, unlike some, on here, I'm not talking out of my behind, just cause I don't understand what's happening on the field.

With the ball in MY hands, one yard from a 1st down or TD, I'd ram it right down their throats...just like Smart and Monkin tried to do....if MY team was the Georgia Bulldogs. You were watching good on good, in that game. The Dawgs have one of, if not the best, o-lines in football and Kentucky has one of the best defensive lines in College football. Every one of those guys will be playing on Sunday...some could play in the NFL, right now.

Kentucky is 6th in the SEC against the run and 63rd Nationally. The 5 teams above them are...UGA #1 (3), BAMA #2 (14), TENN #3 (18), MIZ #4 (36), LSU #5 (44), KTY #6 (63). NCAA DIV 1 Ranking against the run, in parentheses. As you can see, the Dawgs played 3 of the top 6 teams in the SEC against the rush. They played the same brand of football vs Mizzou.

If you aren't concerned with scoring a bunch of points and your focus is to go into the SECCG and CFP with 8-10 equally qualified offensive linemen...you challenge your guys to beat the best on your schedule. Almost every single one of the teams UGA will face in the playoffs, is ranked higher than Mizzou and KTY, including MICH ranked at #2 in the Nation, right above UGA. Hell, LSU is #44 in the Country against the run.

They may NEED that power game at some point, though I doubt it. It won't be there, if they don't exercise it...simple as that. It may not be fun for "Fans" to watch...but, it's necessary.

Yeah, they face a pretty darn good D-line, in practice...in the offseason...but, they don't go full speed everyday in practice, during the season. Besides that...UGA's "o-linemen" are very familiar with the tendencies of their own defense, so...it ain't the same thing.

Not wanting to take any chances vs TENN...Kirby and company unleashed their offense early, then went into physical destruction mode...breaking Tennessee, the way they broke teams, last year. Tennessee lost to USC...What does that tell you about the cost of playing the "real Dawgs". Lol

Can you imagine the hype surrounding Kirby and his Dawgs, if they had done to every program, what they did to TENN and Oregon? UGA would've lost a game, somewhere down the line, cause their young players weren't ready for the massive hype machine churning out compliments and accolades, daily.

Bottom line is...UGA is much better than sportswriters can fathom, right now. They've never seen a team this stacked from top to bottom with a "dream team" Coaching Staff. They don't know what to make of the close, hard fought games, in contrast to the blowouts. . The only thing they know,, is how similar performances from top-ranked teams in the past were analyzed. They see it as inconsistencies...but,, what they don't realize...or can't say without sounding like one of those guys on College GameDay (Desmond Howard), is...that the Dawgs don't feel like they have to set the scoreboard on fire, to WIN! Kirby just told em, "Don't worry about it...see ya at the CFP.". LOL

UGA's Players and Coaching Staff, work extremely hard on 3 things, that put them at the top of the heap. Blocking, Tackling and strength & conditioning. IMO, they are the best I've seen, all season...@all 3 things.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're 100% right about the toll on the body. All of those guys have bumps, bruises and stiff muscles...I guarantee you. Lol...you sound like you might be a 'massage therapist', or something like that.

"ie redlight therapy for inflammation reduction & mitochondrial strengthening! :)"-----sounds like something a Therapist friend of mine, might say. Lol

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

SBIV does the same things forcing the ball that he did 2 yrs ago. Thankfully not as often. It is like he still doesn't know the check downs any better than he did. One read and improvise. Really a head scratcher considering his reps and time in the Monken O.

I agree UGA SHOULD go for it more often on 4th and short. But they really haven't been successful at it. CKS taking the "blame" for the play call decisions is what CKS does. He is taking the heat for Monken and SBIV. You want your team to believe they can gain 1 yard against anybody at any time. JCarter's "blocking" has been ineffective at best in short yardage situations. Might be better left to a reserve OL.

Reserving some of your looks for later in the season and executing the plays that you call during the season are 2 entirely different things. Contrary to what some have said here, UGA has not "blown out everyone". When they haven't it has been from play calling and execution failure. 6-5 vs the spread. If UGA were blowing everyone out they would be overperforming the expectation by more than 6-5.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs have a good online except when it comes to needing a yard and the other team knows what you’re going to do! Our guards are pretty good at pulling and creating creases but they lack the physical strength evidently to blow the d-line back off the ball any at all. Even with our jumbo package huge TE’s and Carter as full back . Like hitting your head with a hammer and repeating it thinking the next time it won’t hurt! You have supposedly a Heisman QB but you take the ball out of his hands in situations you would think you would go to him. I don’t believe Cks completely trusts him. He would rather get stuffed 3 times in a row trying to run out the clock than dare let SB throw on 3rd down. Thank goodness Levi’s isn’t that good IMO and his receivers couldn’t catch or we would all be singing the blues.