Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Wake-up call: Georgia football overcomes shaky start in 37-14 win over Georgia Tech

2»

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The SEC Nation folks were discussing the Dawgs and the "turn it on" button. The team has had several "wakeup call" games but they do appear to be there when they need to be. LSU scares me cuz they almost always have the ball bounce their way.

I gots no insights or answers, just inexpert observations and my 50+ years of Dawg watching.

I go away now.

No please stick around !! You use good reason and logic, and I for one appreciate that.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

99 out of 100 times that BB TD is an incomplete pass after replay review. UGA broke open the game after the BB TD by wearing down GT (as I predicted). But the lack of any offensive dominance against an unranked opponent is definitely concerning.

I don't recall any other questionable calls but there are always some. I didn't turn the game on until it was already 7-0 GT. Not sure what I missed. ASmith's "TD" catch was bobbled until he landed out of bounds. They got that one right.

I saw GT outplaying UGA for most of the 1st half and a very unhappy looking CKS on the sideline. GT picked on KRingo with great success. Guy's were running open all over the field. A couple big GT drops greatly aided UGA. UGA's play has not been Top 5 worthy since the 1st half of the TN game.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...When has anybody EVER seen Kirby Smart "happy on the sideline"...in the 1st half? Besides "NEVER", I can't think of an answer.

Know who else knew Tech would wear down by the 3rd qyr.? Kirby Smart knew. This ain't the ole boy's 1st season. He and Monkin did what was required to beat Tech...and, nothing more.

Moreover, I expect they'll do the same thing in Atlanta next week. Why give Michigan and BAMA any more film than you've already given em...in the Oregon and Carolina games. LSU won't be any more physical than teams UGA has faced all year.

We've seen flashes of their high powered offense from time-to-time, throughout the year. Kirby and Monkin, only use it when necessary. Yep...It's that dangerous. Lol