Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Wake-up call: Georgia football overcomes shaky start in 37-14 win over Georgia Tech

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageWake-up call: Georgia football overcomes shaky start in 37-14 win over Georgia Tech

ATHENS — Georgia got a late-season wake-up call from Georgia Tech on Saturday, and perhaps it comes just in time.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hold on there Mike. GT scored last TD against 2s and 3s..defense. That is Smart's deal every game that is out of reach. And, usually, the opponent scores. UGA could have run the score up but not Smart's style. He knows ...LSU....looms big!

Need to see injury list?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes the Dawgs did start off sloppy no denying that. And there was Still some sloppy play later with the starters Still in there. BUT two things on this game that Dawgs fans should notice I would think. 1) It Doesn’t Matter how bad GT has played all year they are Always gonna bring their very best effort vs our Dawgs. They showed they came to play. 2) The officiating was Absolutely Horrendous with an Obvious slant Against the Dawgs. I was honestly starting to think that they might have some $$$ staked on the game the bias was so bad. So STILL with GT bringing their very best effort, the obvious bias from the Refs, and Yes the Dawgs early ( and Some later) sloppy play the Dawgs managed to win by a Very Solid score. The last GT TD took away the point spread the “experts” predicted, but unless your gambling $$$ on the game does the point spread stuff Really matter in the big scheme of things ?? No not so much. The Real Point is the Dawgs just finished Another Undefeated Regular Season !! Go Dawgs !!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another half-baked performance by the Dawgs, but a win is a win. Don't know if we can continue this style of play and expect to win.

GO DAWGS!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it was more sleep walking than sloppy but i could just be picky. Love how they responded after the half and would love to see what Kirby laid on them at the half. Whatever it was it sure worked. Defense again showed up and showed out. Gotta love this team regardless where this ends. They have exceeded all expectations and continue to answer the bell for everyone’s best. Great finish DAWGS and as much as that last TD stunk, no worries.

I get it I Really do. But I think I already know the answer to this question, Especially with you as I Know you are a very devout Dawgs fan. And I agree with your take the majority of the time. But had you rather see Stetson operate and the Dawgs execute to near perfection, play their hearts out and……….Lose, or play sloppy at first with maybe even a little More sloppy play sprinkled through the game but Win the game by a solid score ?? I’d have to go back and look but I think purely from a Score standpoint Mizzou came the closest to beating the Dawgs. IF the Dawgs win another Ntl. Title very, very few people will be discussing quality of play. They will ONLY care about the W’s. Quality of play will Only be brought up if the Dawgs lose. I Know you Remember these comments from Last Year: OK THIS is the game the Dawgs will lose, then the Dawgs would win. And this one: We’ll NEVER win a Ntl. Title with Stetson Bennett at QB. Well we know how that ended up. It takes the Whole Team in ALL units and areas of the team to Get to and Win the Ntl. Title. Just think about Hot Pod we wouldn’t be in position now if not for his contribution. ALL our Dawgs have had good days, bad days, and in between days, the difference is in the past they Would have lost but Now even when starting off sloppy they Find A Way to win !! Lastly the Dawgs will be Amped and Up for revenge against LSU where with GT they came in with no respect at all for the bugs and thus played Very sloppy for a while. But once they got peed off a better version of the Dawgs showed up. But they Did let off the gas some what after they got the score up. That Won’t happen vs LSU I mean letting off the gas unless the game is almost over. Kirby rarely rubs rival coaches faces in it.

Please more Down Votes !!! Means I’m hitting a nerve on somebody Lol !! 😂

The #6 team in the nation Lost to Unranked SC today !! And the mighty Ohio St. got curb stomped by Michigan today. Now Please get that Down Vote button going else my feelings are Really gonna be hurt Lol !! I plan on cashing them at the grocery store !! 😂😂😂

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Underwhelming. But with AL, OSU, TN, Clempsome, OR, OK, TX, aTm, ND seemingly out of the picture underwhelming might be enough this year. MI looks to be the biggest (only?) challenge left.

This team sure likes to play down/up to the competition. Play like that GT 1st half next week or in the playoffs and UGA can lose.

Good news/bad news. Good news: No injuries . Bad news: Monken's puzzling play calling and another week of underwhelming SBIV. Take away the McIntosh 83 yd wheel route and SBIV is 9/17 for 57 yds.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

@navydawg...We've had several games this season of half-baked performances. Is it a trend? I dunno. We showed up big time against TN and OR, so maybe we just play up or down to the level of our competition. I expect better next week against LSU. We're the #1 team in the country, and I'd love to see us play like it a majority of the time and so would most fans. But, you're talking college kids, so letdown are part of it sometimes. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Of course the W's are what counts. I do actually care how we play even if we win, because it could be a flaw or issue(s) that must be addressed for bigger games ahead. Kirby doesn't like sloppy play and knows we need to be playing better and making fewer mistakes. I was surprised we won a Natty last year...but we did it almost entirely due to our defense. The offense played good enough.

And I didn't down vote you.

Agree with you. This Dawgs team including Stets have a weird way of playing down vs what should be inferior competition. But just repeating your thoughts if they follow their usual MO they will Rise against LSU that’s considered a threat. Now there Is one significant thing I would add ( NO it doesn’t excuse the sloppy play) but the Zebras had an Obvious bias for most of the first half. They Robbed the Dawgs on several, several plays and honestly looked like they were trying to help GT. I was concerned about this game and Said So before it was played. Our Dawgs or ANY team with Ntl. Title aspirations have to play Each and Every Saturday like the Ntl. Title is on the line. ANY team regardless of difference in talent levels can sneak up and hurt you on any given Sat. if your not careful !! I think, I Believe, I Hope we will see a Much Better, Much More motivated Dawgs team vs LSU.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next week..."Overwelming" won't be big enough word to describe what the Dawgs take to the ATL. It will bring back recollection of the Dawg team we saw in the 1st 3 games of the season.

BTW, the refs are at their old tricks again, with respect to calling phantom calls against AUB for BAMA. Lol

Ching...money money money money...MONEY! The refs sure are taking up this year. Lol

I agree with you totally. But I will be Utterly and Totally shocked if the Dawgs come out playing like they’d rather be some where else when they play LSU. Now I don’t know if we’ll see a mistake happy Dawgs or a better execution Dawgs. But if we don’t see a Motivated Dawgs from the very start I Will be shocked and frankly probably angry to. But I think, I Believe, I Hope that we Will see a Much More Motivated ( 3Ms Lol) Dawgs and thus a Better Executing Dawgs in that game. They really do seem to play Down vs what should be inferior competition and Up vs equal or better competition. From an entertainment stand point as a fan I’m With You and others it stinks Lol !! But ( no sarcasm at all) I don’t think that Kirby secretly and really cares about our entertainment Even if he says he does. He just wants to win. And I guess as long as he and the Dawgs DO that then it gives us fans chest thumping rights vs our rival fans !! IF he gets us another Natty this year that’s Got to bode well for recruiting.

OFF TOPIC but Dan Lanning has done Great as a first year HC !!! That just makes UGA look better by proxy !!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All the former Dawgs...Coaches and Players alike have done well in their new homes, this year.

Except for the original traitor (just kidding), Brandon Cox, #1, FLA.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nope not bothered at all. Just stating the facts. Are You bothered ?? Probably not. So I don’t get why you think I’m bothered just for pointing out facts.