Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

CFP Picture: Top 4 control destiny, Alabama, Ohio State, Tennessee anxiously await rankings

2»

Comments

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior

So if USC gets beat who should take the number 4 spot? The committee likes to look at style points, but maybe they should take into account how much a team lost by. Ohio State just got throttled 45-23 at home. Tennessee was destroyed 63-38 by South Carolina. While Alabama does have two defeats, they lost by a total of 4 points combined.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are right Spdawg. AL has 2 losses on 2 plays by 4 pts. If the AL kicker makes a kick they beat TN and the LSU 2 pt conversion fails AL is undefeated. Both losses were on the road. AL has a lot of star power that the networks like. Saban is also the sentimental favorite based on his age and coaching achievements at AL. OSU was blown out at home in their loss.

AL passes the eye test. There is a ton of talent at AL. The penalties have hurt them. I know UGA fans don't want to see AL that's why you see UGA fans taking issue with that possibility here. I know I don't want to see AL. I still haven't watched the 2nd half of last years SECCG. Too painful.

The question is "does the committee suffer from AL fatigue?" (like everybody else) BUT there's a reason the committee is keeping AL close to the top 4. If somebody falters they're going to slide AL in.

IF USC loses to UT be prepared for AL at #4 (and probably MI at #1) .

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree. The committee took OSU over BIG10 champ Penn St in ? and took non-participant (in SECCG) AL in '17.

The committee will tell you "we want to take the best 4 teams". What the committee really wants is the best 4 teams AS LONG AS it is the best 4 teams to drive TV ratings ($$$). It is about money.

Now IF USC and TCU win out, the committee's hands are tied. There is no way to slip in AL or OSU. BUT if 1 of them loses watch out! Expect AL to jump OSU for slot 4 if that happens UNLESS the committee is suffering from AL fatigue like everyone else.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, I so much want this top 4 to hold together for the final playoff poll. Playing the “real” USC in the Peach Bowl will be an epic matchup. A rematch of last year’s semifinal game against Michigan in the Natty would be awesome as well. The worst thing that could happen is for either TCU or USC to lose their conference championship game and open the door for a two loss Alabama team to make it into the playoffs. Oh please Lawd, don’t let that happen!