Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN expert ‘Michigan has really strong case for No. 1′ in College Football Playoff Rankings

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs still on top hour ago announced rankings.

• Options
    DefinsDefins Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

We beat the #1 team they beat the #2 team. One win was better. We played Oregon. They dropped UCLA for Hawaii.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's irrelevant now, as Dawgs are still on top, BUT, we have wins against 4 teams currently ranked on the CFP list. Michigan has... ... ... not nearly as many.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

I remember when really good teams went to pot after being drubbed by Alabama. The “Alabama effect.” Tennessee totally lost confidence and wasn’t the same after Georgia got done with them. The “Georgia effect,”

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

So sick of Heather Dinich. If I wanted her anti-UGA/anti-SEC click-bait narrative, I'd go to ESPN. Come on, Mike.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nice hot take Heather. Just come out and say you don’t like the Dawgs. You aren’t the first and won’t be the last that is proven on the wrong side this year!

#GoFor2in22

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Heather is probably moving over to CBS (the anybody but Georgia) (or the Alabama Football Network) next year.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya know...we haven't heard from Elle Duncan since her preseason holler about UGA not being able to do it again...with Bennett at QB. 3 weeks later, they were putting him in the Heisman list. These people giving their insight are laughable. But, that's kinda the point. It's all in fun, anyway.

Here's my prediction...

UGA 51......LSU 10.

Everything else is noise. Go Big Red...Git some!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Remember when everyone in the media was in awe of Tennessee? Everywhere you tuned in they were talking about how Tennessee was unstoppable. Then we found out they had no Defense. Just saying...the so-called experts are no better than we are when assessing the top teams.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to start the day…! 😎

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Agreed! See Clempson from last year after our defense “broke” them…!

They have not been the same since….!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's an absurd contention given the fact we pounded 3 teams currently ranked in the Top 25, including a win over the #1 team (Tenn.).

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And great comment from you, Kudzu! I agree on all counts.

One similarity between GA this year and MI this year is that MI lost three defensive players to high draft picks and yet their defense doesn't seem to have missed a beat.

Overall, Michigan may have a improved a bit while Georgia hasn't seemed quite as dominant as in 2021. But it still seems to me we're at a much higher level all the way around.

• Options

You did catch my predicted score, right?

UGA. 51.....LSU 10

I've been right all year (+/-) 7pts. My gift to Dawg Fans. Take it to the bookie...I mean bank.

FYI...I had....

USC. 38....CLEM. 23....Last week.

Same with USC vs Tennessee. I said that it was time for Rattler to have a breakout and Carolina would win big. I did not, however, see "that big" a blowout coming.

Defense is the difference maker with all these high powered offenses that throw the ball all over the field. Carolina has one...Tennessee don't...simple as that. Same with OSU...No defense...which is why I think BAMA should be ranked higher. I think BAMA wins a close head-to-head with OSU or USC.

I just don't see TCU's defense as "Elite"....even though, they ARE the reason TCU is undefeated (for the most part). They kept games close enough to give the offense and special teams an opportunity to win the game...against competition that would be considered "Cupcakes" on UGA or BAMA's schedule.

That's why I see it this way after next Saturday....

1. UGA. (win/lose/draw)

2. MICH. (win/lose/draw)

3. BAMA/OSU....(pick em)

4. BAMA/OSU....(pick em)

Above is the final 4 everybody wants to see, if they're honest.

I'd love to see UGA vs OSU. It's a matchup I've been wanting to see, going back to **** Hayes. And, if BAMA beats MICH, it would once again show that the BIG10 is nothing more than a bunch of posers, not quite competing at the SEC level...kinda like Notre Dame and Penn St.

• Options

@MikeGriffith

Mike...you need to talk to your staff. They are redacting comments that should be left alone.

IT SHOULD BE A CRIMINAL OFFENSE to redact the name...

"W-O-O-D-Y" HAYES!!

There were asterisks in place of his 1st name.

WHY???

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dinich is also the same espn "expert"who picked Iowa State to make the CFP.. Funny you can be an "expert" on something you've never played. The only football she's played is a backyard Thanksgiving football game..GoDAWGS!

• Options

Hell....they were all wrong...ALL YEAR!

They, including Dinich and every ESPN analyst, said that Saban had the best "Team" he's ever had, with the 2 best players he's ever had and would win it all, this year. LOL..I knew better.

I said that I watched BAMA's Spring game and kept close tabs on their roster movements. They didn't have an offensive line to protect Young (QB)...and no targets for him to throw to. We all knew what Burton was, yet they were trying to "spin" him into the "second coming" of Smith or Williams.

These people might monitor the teams they opine about...but, they don't know what they are looking at, or how to analyze it. Especially the female reporters that are enamored with the game and players (namely QBs, RB's & WRs), but, never played. It's impossible for them to understand certain aspects of the game.

But, all that's okay...it's part of the game. It's the essence of High School and College Football. That's what makes it fun...everybody has an opinion.

I don't know how many of you remember....in 2018, Oklahoma and UGA were sitting in a similar position that OSU and BAMA are sitting in, now. Guess who jumped who to #4 in the week 15 CFP? Oklahoma was put in the #4 position despite numerous Sportswriters and sportscaster's saying, that the Dawgs should be "IN", not in spite of losing a close SECCG to BAMA...but because they lost a close game to "The Almighty BAMA".

It's not the 1st time UGA was slighted in favor of one of the perennial media "darlings". It happened a couple of times, like 2007...LSU jumped the Dawgs in the final poll (BCS), even though UGA was playing the best football in the Nation in the final 4 or 5 games of the season, according to various talking heads on ESPN (including. Kirk Herbstreit and Paul Finebaum).

IT'S UGA's TIME!!! Get set for a wild ride. Nobody knows how long it will last. Right now, UGA has an NFL Team playing college football...it's almost, not fair. LMAO