Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia teammates come to defense of Jalen Carter after Todd McShay report

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone remember  Ndamukong Suh? I believe he was selected 2nd in the draft. NFL teams don't want choir boys,they want great football players last time I checked. And I'm not in any way saying Carter has issues. I'm just saying whatever Suh's were, it didn't seem to matter and he's been a pro-bowler for years now.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh and might I add just Another one of the many times that Dawgs fans have see the blaring bias of ESPN Folks. Nothing new to this fan base . But alas for poor old Todd McDufus and his cronies our beloved Dawgs just Keep On Winning !! I guess we really might need to thank him for the Huge bonfire he just stoked under Jalen to go out and Devastate the rival On the field of play !! Go Dawgs !! Go Jalen !!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On a lighter note, I'm hearing that 4-5 of BAMA's receivers have entered or are about to enter the transfer portal per a BAMA fan with a Youtube blog. Of course, they may just be clearing the way for those who are about to sign.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

And that’s where we disagree. Sometimes smiling in the middle of it antagonizes even further. I hope he learned a lesson after they went high/low on him and took his knee out for several weeks that there’s no place for that in pregame.

Hes unbelievably talented. Rewatch the LSU game and watch him move 300# men with 1 arm ( 4th down play by lsu close to our goal line). He’s unbelievable, and if he can get his maturity issues in line could be the best player that ever played at UGA.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m no lawyer by a looong stretch. But when and if people say things in the media as Statements as he did After he asked questions that were Camo for his Statement. Can’t you sue them for libel if you are financially injured by it ?? I’m not sure, but when these media folks take it upon themselves to just trash people without Facts to back it up, perhaps a nice law suit would help shut them up. At first he Speculates, but then he goes on to speak as if it’s fact that he Knows Jalen has personal issues. I’d let him try to Back that in a court of law !! I bet the whole team Could and Would show up as character witnesses !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

If you recall, pre-2022 season CKS alluded to JCarter "needing to step up in leadership" and practice. He seems to be a quiet guy and more of a leader by example than vocal leader. But McShay's comments are jibberjabber. McShay and Kiper are fed "inside information" by NFL connections. They parrot that information even if it is questionable and intended to drop a prospect into their draft position. This happens every year pre-draft.

This is McShay's job. Creating buzz to get you to tune into listening to the talking heads or buying their draft content.

No one in the UGA locker room is giving this a 2nd thought. It will serve as extra incentive for JC to wreck OSU. Remember when Jefferson thinks the rival school trashed his ride in Fast Times at Ridgemont High? That's what I'm thinking.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@GoodtimeDawg

So you respond to rumor-mongering without evidence against Carter with rumor-mongering without evidence against Anderson?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pay Todd McDufus no mind...I can assure you, Carter will not. Concentrate on OSU. No time for such frivolity. ESPN is not the measure of college football character.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@David1, if Coach Smart has time for media interviews, he certainly can take a few of those moments to address McShay's allegations if there is no truth to them.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

“He’s unbelievable, and if he can get his maturity issues in line could be the best player that ever played at UGA.”

He’s very good, but there was a certain Tailback that played in the 80, 81, and 82 seasons that will always be the best player that ever played at UGA.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would have been far less character and maturity had he responded with reciprocal antics (or worse, a shove), as that very likely would have sparked a melee. So let's just agree on... Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When will these jackasses be held accountable for spewing lies about these players? If you have an anonymous source then you should investigate before getting on tv to continue to spew said lies. At least that's what real journalist would do.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm guessing that Smart et al will give this mcshay feller the credibility he deserves. As in "one". Mos' likely, he's already let Carter know how valued he is and that responding will do nothing more than cater to the rumor-mongering and distract from the task at hand.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Most likely too busy preparing for tOSU to actually care or give a rat's patootie as to what McShay thinks.....!!

Truly believe that our coaching staff will deal with this internally with our players so as not to become an issue in the locker room.....by that I mean it will surely go up on the Bulletin Board!!!!

Good luck tOSU! You're gonna need it!!

I like our chances!

Go Dawgs!!!!