Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia tight end Arik Gilbert enters name in NCAA transfer portal

13»

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Evidently "fans". Bashing on a kid for wanting to move on. At least he's not out there like mays and his family saying there was a "toxic culture". Yes we all wanted him to play, but calling him out and bashing him for leaving, that's sad. Like said below, maybe football just isn't his thing anymore. And by help, I didn't mean he wasn't getting it, but I mean get it where he is going. Down vote, idc. Just shows the shallowness of people.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My only regret for Arik is that he didn’t find the answers he was looking for in the Classic City. My only regret for us fans is that he never really got to share his talents with us!!

Wish him the best, but would be lying if I didn’t say, “dammit I wish it’d worked out.”

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Peace out my man, I really enjoyed all the time watching you against Vanderbilt, during that one play! Maybe you will double your snaps at the next school

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish him well and that he is able to get past whatever health (mental or physical) that has been holding him back. I hope for his sake he can find a coaching staff that cares as much about him as a man as Kirby and the coaching staff has.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

It seems it's necessary to remind some of the grown a$$ men on this forum that are talking so down about AG that he's a kid and clearly struggling with something. There's absolutely no need to say some of the crap you guys are saying about him - its uncalled for and shines poorly on the Dawg community. Be better.

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

I feel like Kirby and the Team did all they could do for this young man. I hope he gets his life together he seems to be a heck of a talent.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I never thought that he would finish school at Georgia and I don't expect him to finish at any school. He's got lots of problems and my hope for him is to become a balanced and productive human. If he makes it to the NFL and doesn't implode that would be great. I don't think that any other school will nurture him as we have. But, the Arik Gilbert drama is over.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with BubbaBill, he 's the most gifted TE I think I've ever seen, not to have played that much. His tape where he is doing the shuttle drill( I think it's called). To move and stop and change directions that quick at that size is off the charts!

Its going to be hard for an SEC coach or any power 5 program to have the time to try to fix broken. He obviously needs more than just alot of encouragement. They will certainly try though becuase of his enormous potential. Praying he gets the help he needs before his college eligibility is over. Once he's out of school, all the professional help comes to an end. Hoping a med staff somewhere will find the treatment that works.