Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs show what can happen when you ‘never stop believing’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageDawgs show what can happen when you ‘never stop believing’

“Legendary.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The extremely inconsistent Pac-12 officiating crew, which apparently never has heard of an uncatchable ball and doesn’t know offensive holding when it sees it."

I agree. The OS O-line got away with a lot of holding and that had an impact on the pass rush.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Perhaps an"Act of God" seconds before the New Year?

Although a certain former Georgia Football announcer and a newly arrived DGD named "Frankie" might have some input. Go DAWGS!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hope y'all post the link for Jake Camarda's amazing punt, yesterday.

• Options
    BillKingBillKing Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

BubbaBill Well, the game ended in 2023, so officially that's when Georgia won it.

• Options
    Raw54Raw54 Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Plus the PAC 12 official didn't call no holding calls on Ohio State at all...

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh meant to add, MY lesson learned, NEVER Give Up on our Dawgs !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After so many years of us seeing (and experiencing) BAMA winning in the last second, or piling on scores to a scoreboard in the last few minutes to make the win look greater then it actually was - it is nice to see the dawgs getting a bit of love! That missed field goal from the OSU kicker who is usually clutch was absolutely amazing. And, he missed it so badly. My wife and I joked that God must be a dawg fan because it looked like He might have sent some wind down to the closed stadium at just the right time...lol. BTW, "DOG" spelled backwards is "GOD". Just sayin'! LOL.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The extremely inconsistent Pac-12 officiating crew, which apparently never has heard of an uncatchable ball and doesn’t know offensive holding when it sees it, threw a flag for targeting against Bullard for the hit on Harrison, but it was clear on video that he led with his shoulder, not his helmet, and the call was overturned after review. "

It's great to see the Dawgs able to overcome the unfortunate bad calls of the officiating crew. The memory of Tyler Simmons being called off sides in the 2018 CFPCG stills stings. That was a blocked punt that would have resulted in a touchdown, and a National Championship. Resiliency and composure aren't just words that this team throws around during post game interviews, they demonstrate resiliency and composure in the way they play, and how they handle adversity when it comes in various forms (including bad officiating).

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GoodtimeDawg: "My wife and I joked that God must be a dawg fan because it looked like He might have sent some wind down to the closed stadium at just the right time...lol." He did.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" That’s probably because of what we’ve seen time and time again this season: This Georgia team, despite all the talent lost to the NFL after last season, and its tendency to lose focus at times, knows how to win, whether playing with a lead or coming from behind."

Bill, I think your statement above pretty well sums up this entire season. Numerous games won with subpar performances, and then a couple of absolutely brilliant showings against Oregon and Tennessee. Everything else is a pretty up and down muddled mess.

But, as long as we keep winning, and despite fans frustration at times (mine included), I really don't care how we do it!!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully we’ll get a crew that will be impartial and fair to both teams and actually calls a holding penalty when it happens. What we watched the other night was ridiculous.