Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How Ohio State neutralized Jalen Carter, despite Georgia star playing career-high snaps

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageHow Ohio State neutralized Jalen Carter, despite Georgia star playing career-high snaps

ATHENS — Ohio State lost the war against Georgia but won the battle of neutralizing the Bulldogs’ most dominant defender on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hit the Portal MG. Ohio a good destination,. And take some proof reading classes will you. Your typos are annoying and unprofessional in your position.

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

@MikeGriffith

Your article is lazy as he11 and cherry picks throughout.

You begin your article with the words “neutralize” and “Jalen Carter”, yet not one sentence gives the entire story or even a part of the entire story that was the semifinal game between UGA and OSU.

I do not have a degree in journalism. However,I did attend and graduate from a public 4 year state university, occasionally stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and also served honorably defending our country in the military for over 20 years, and your narrative and half-baked articles like this one are ridiculous.

Every once in 25 or so posts you put up articles that are complete and thorough and a layman can easily tell that you put some time and effort into it; but THIS is NOT IT.

As a reporter, sports genre or otherwise, shouldn’t you make at least a tiny effort to report on both sides of a story and allow the readers to make up their minds from there about ultimately what you are writing about?

How many hurries did Jalen Carter have in the game where you write he was “neutralized”?

How many times did JC get held by O lineman that wasn’t called by the referees?

I got one for you: DID YOU EVEN WATCH the game for a second or third time since New Year’s eve? I bet you didn’t!

How many pressures did other defensive lineman have due to JC being double teamed? How many times was JC double teamed or chipped at the LOS?

I tell you what, Mike, you are lucky that the AJC has almost a monopoly on reporting and access to our Georgia BULLDAWGS, because if they didn’t, you and most of Dawg Nation would either A)Be out of a job, or B) Not be reporting on the Georgia BULLDAWGS.

That’s all I got for you, sir.

Be better.

✌️

• sclark10sclark10 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mike Griffith, don't let the door hit you on your way back to the B10.

• sclark10sclark10 Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good luck TCU on duplicating OSU's success vs J Carter.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 1000%!

And, as everyone here has commented……

Carter was “neutralized” because he was held all game!

Nuff said!

Go Dawgs! On to LA! 15-0! Hate on Horney Toads! National Champions 1942, 1980, 2021, and ????

• robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll confess i didn't watch the game with an eye out for the holding issues and haven't re-watched it. So, i'll ask - i know the tackles on our defenders to which everyone references are holding, but are other incidents of holding from their OL grabbing outside the shoulder pads? Cause if they grab a handful of jersey inside the shoulders, refs will never call it. i'll echo everyone else's comments as well - hope refereeing Monday is professional.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Mike, are you holding off on balanced reporting. Perhaps you should tackle proofreading next.

Go, Dawgs!