Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: QB Brock Vandagriff shares immediate plans, value of Georgia quarterbacks room

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: QB Brock Vandagriff shares immediate plans, value of Georgia quarterbacks room

LOS ANGELES — Brock Vandagriff places more value in being a Georgia quarterback than any numbers could possible quantify, and that’s why he’s not planning on going anywhere anytime soon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is great news. I assume he gets admitted into a masters program at UGA following his bachelors graduation?

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

While it's true only one can play at a time, it took three to get through last season.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

MG I have to disagree. "...with Bennett dominating the snap count to run up numbers that enabled him to become a Heisman Trophy finalist:" What a bunch of crap -- show me one game where Stetson was left in where it appeared it was to pad his numbers. In fact, most journalists have said if UGA had run up the scores in the fourth quarter with Stetson as the QB his stats would have been more competive with the other Heisman candidates. Also, happy to see that you gave JT credit for Stet's success in the championship game. Hopefully, JT will achieve your expectations with his fourth team!

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Griffith is a hack writer who has taken shots at Bennett for two seasons. His ignorance of the QB position was on full display after Georgia defeated Ohio State. His praise of CJ Stroud was laughable as he basically implied Strouds game against Georgia was the way he typically played. As if the Michigan, Maryland and Northwestern games never happened. His criticism of Bennett is equally ridiculous. He focuses on the few mistakes while downplaying Bennett's achievements. He is the worst kind of writer: biased, bitter and self serving.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

I totally agree with hack!! DawgNation took a major hit for quality journalism when Seth Emerson left and was replaced by MG. The Athletic is a far, far superior site than DawgNation, unfortunately

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's awesome to hear. Can't really blame the QB's for wanting to learn from coach Monken.

Georgia fans have come to realize what we have in our OC. Now the rest of CFB is taking notice.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like we have nothing to worry about when it comes to the QB room. I would love to see Vandagriff emerge as the starter because he’s from Athens. Having said that, you can’t go wrong with Beck from what I’ve seen of him. He’s stayed with the UGA program and understands the culture. This 2023 roster will be loaded!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a truer statement has ever been made on this site.....you can not win squat with one QB. Every team has back-ups, hopefully, they are close to the skill sets of the starter. Georgia has worked to have three back-ups that are as good as and maybe we'll find out better than the best QB in Georgia history..... Stetson Bennett IV........sorry Fran.....

As I've said before, I'd like to see Carson and Brock split time next year according to situation. I believe they are mature enough and focused enough to handle that task. That would pose an extra problem for opposition defences. It would also allow game time for Stockton in a "clean up/closer" role.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome! I thought for sure that Vandagriff would transfer, so that is excellent news. It should be quite the competition between Beck, him and Stockton.