Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia’s Stetson Bennett defends parade behavior in social media spat with radio host

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I watched the parade on TV. SB4 chatted with fans, signed autographs, waved. There was a part of the thing when he and Van Pran were chatting and laughing with each other (going past Myers). He also spent some time singing to himself.

He took a lot of grief over the years. One example: I just rewatched the 2021 USC game, Sean McDonough flat out said the Dawgs were better with JT than they were with him. He threw a bad pick and McDonough repeated himself. JT threw a bad pick later in the game, with no comment from the announcer.

I don't remember exactly, I was too dazed, but, it might have been Rece Davis after the 1st Natty who commented that SB loved UGa more than UGa loved him.

Shapiro is another of those people who have opinions that they believe mean more than the "common" man. Bless his heart.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bennett 1, radio host 0.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Probably could handle better but I imagine SBIV (largely because of writers like MG) has a bad taste in his mouth."

@doubledawg1990 Seriously? What did MG say that was not the truth?? Stetson was HORRIBLE when he first started. NO ONE had confidence in him. He was an interception waiting to happen. And then...he changed. Stetson changed. He got BETTER. MG reported on the GOOD and THE BAD. Why is that so hard for people to understand? MG is not a homer. He gets paid to be an unbiased reporter. If you want to be cuddled and hugged, listen to BA, he gets paid to be a homer. Geez, Louise!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I dogged SBIV for 2 years and I was wrong. Have a great rest of your life! You more than anyone I know of epitomizes the term, DGD. God bless you!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can we just enjoy the back to back championships with Stetson at quarterback. SBIV is still so misunderstood and underappreciated. He wasn't the most talented but he is a winner with a chip on his shoulder mentality. Almost every coach wished their players had those characteristics. I would not be surprise if it translates into a respectable pro career for him. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Bennett hates the media. Who cares. He thanked the fans already.

Stetson goes out as a 2x MVP Champion. Pure winner. 100% Dawg.

People need to let the small stuff go.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m not a fan of Shapiro and I adore SBIV, of course, but yeah, he could have paid a little more attention to the fans and a little less attention to his phone.

Just calling it like I see it.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can be a huge SB fan and still question what he did on Saturday. Because I am one and I question his comments. The two are not mutually exclusive. I love my kids but when they act like a fool I step in and call them out on it. As far as Steak goes he can defend himself and he has, but he's on record as calling SB the greatest Dawg of all time. So, for SB he just needs to quit fighting windmills.

• Options
    pappadawg23pappadawg23 Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

Stet was right to shun the media and fans that did not want him to return after winning the first championship in Indy. They continuously bashed and trashed him throughout the off season. Thanks to this negative publicity and unfair treatment of Stet, he is not a first or second draft pick in this year's upcoming draft. One can argue that he outplayed two projected first rounds picks (CJ Stroud & Bryce Young) during their head-to-head matchup with all the chips on the table. Not to mention being named Offensive MVP in both semifinal and championship games. In my view, Stet's actions and feelings are warranted and justified. The fans and media owe him an apology. Lastly, Stet is a dam good dawg and the best to ever do it.

• Options
    allanbaggett41allanbaggett41 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

The Georgia fans weren't the ones keeping Stetson on the bench, nor did they ever tell him "Son, if you don't play better we're going to lose the game". That was his coaches. Thousands of adoring folks lined the streets on a cold Saturday morning & nearly filled Sanford Stadium later to pay homage to him & his teammates. A touch of class & magnanimity onstage would have gone a long way in proving his critics wrong, just as his on field play did. But he chose a different tact. Wearing his ass on his shoulders was not a profile in courage, just a small person getting even with perceived rotten tomato throwers. Shame on him.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

**** stuff? What **** stuff? I never did **** stuff, I invented **** stuff. As for Stetson, I can cut him some slack up to a point. But he is stretching the boundaries with his latest stunt in Dallas. I'm not judging him by any means but if he wants to continue the success he needs to grow up, in a hurry. He's going to be playing at the next level and his behavior can move him up or down in the draft. Right now it is moving him down. Teams don't want to deal with immaturity from a person who is expected to lead an offense.