Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

TCU captain: Todd Monken’s shifty Georgia scheme and Brock Bowers’ talents keyed title game

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nope...it's because that's what every "expert" on the planet...that doesn't live in Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Alabama or Tennessee...has been saying since the game ended. THAT...and my own 2 eyeballs. Lol

If you watched the...."OSU vs MICH", "UGA vs ORE", "UGA vs TENN", "UGA vs LSU" or "UGA vs TCU" games...and you can't make that call....maybe you should take a look at your own Biases. Just sayin'. Lol

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was a pretty good summation Reddawg1. I agree with every word. That (UGA vs OSU) was the 1st game since the 2022 UGA vs BAMA NCG, I was actually worried about the Dawgs chances in the 4th qtr..

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

"It's a mystery to me how TCU just collapsed in the next game against the Dawgs"

Yes, but the bigger mystery to me is how Michigan collapsed against TCU. Great/crazy game. But I really thought UM was the much better team going in.

And of course, they beat tOSU pretty convincingly (at OSU) before that and tOSU gave us a run.

ps - really sick of Day's complaining about that non-call, which was the right call. I'm sorry (not) if his team falls apart after losing one guy. Last time I checked, Harrison Jr. didn't play defense when we scored 18 points in the 4th.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2023

I would say our issue was not simply getting after the QB, it was a lack of putting him on the ground when we had the opportunity. Most of the year, Kirby talked about getting pressure was often as good as a sack. Against QBs like Stroud (and Young as well), that's not the case. We chased Stroud around a good bit all night, and did get some sacks, even against their All-American Paris Johnson who previously had allowed zero all season before Georgia got past him for two, including one from a freshman. The problem was when we didn't get him down, he punished us with scrambles and hit receivers who did well when the plays broke down.

OSU simply showed the fanbase why Kirby has been so set on his QB going forward having a set of wheels.