Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Resetting where things stand with Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken as NFL season ends

2»

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Another day and Monken is still at UGA. This is a good day! Let's just hope come March we can say the same thing! That would be best-case scenario. He is back with his groomed QB's and offense and it would give Bobo another year to work under him too...so I do not care how long it takes to make all that happen.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

Hope he stays, but we need to know very soon if he’s leaving. Right now Kirby could pick anyone for Monken’s replacement, but by spring practice our likely options would be Buster and/or Bobo to maintain continuity with our offense. We can’t afford to have an outsider come in and try to install a new offense next August. C’mon Monken….please make a decision soon. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eagles had a tremendous year, but because the MVP wrecked their SUper Bowl dreams, they fired their DC. If Monken thinks Kirby will fire his arse if he doesn't score, he ain't seen nothing like the NFL. Well he has actually, but man that just seems like a glutten for punishment.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

While Mahomes had a HOF moment, by just playing in the SB...he's not the reason KC won.

That distinction goes to the NFL Hierarchy. You know...the guys that called down to the refs, on the final drive. And, told them to call defensive interference/holding, on anything close...in order to give the game to Mahomes.

And, EVERYBODY KNOWS...a holding penalty can be called on virtually every play. I saw multiple "holding" and "hands to the face" penalties by both teams, throughout the game, that weren't called. One, by the KC RT, was right in front of the ref. He virtually tackled and laid on a Philly defender. Looked like a wrestling match.

You DON'T make a call like that, on the final drive of the game, unless there's an agenda. I've seen that kind of crap at the HS and College levels as well.

Fans and media have been successfully conditioned by NFL Management, to chalk it up as "part of the game". Lol

The NFL needs it's heros and narratives, in order to sustain a massive, but football illiterate audience. They're not worried about the people that see what they're doing. The NFL is no longer a sports organization. It's an entertainment business...just like professional Wrestling & Boxing organizations.

Anytime you have humans involved with an unregulated "multi-billion dollar" sports & gambling business model...with no real oversight...there WILL be corruption. Nothing is sacred, anymore...except amateur sports, hopefully. But, that's changing, too. Even at the HS Level.

I guess, what I've seen the NFL become, since I was a kid, has me a little skeptical. When I see a timely call like the one against Philly, last night...it confirms my suspicions. And, it's not the 1st time I've seen it. That kind of thing has become status quo for the NFL. It reminds me of the Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard fight...no mas. Lol

I'm not a fan of the NFL, anymore and haven't been, for years. I was a Fan-atic, when I was a kid. Small market teams, barely stand a chance, anymore. No money in making those guys Champs, but hey... they make good snacks for the Bostons, LAs, NYs and mid-West (KC).

Please excuse my unintended, long editorial. Lol...last night's BS call is still fresh. Even if he slightly tugged the guy's jersey, it wasn't egregious enough to call in that moment. Not to mention, it was a timing pass that was considered "uncatchable". And, NO...the defender didn't slow down the receiver. The receiver slipped while making a cut from "inside to outside"...throwing the QB's timing off.

Note...when showing the replay, they always stop the clip showing the defenders left hand on the receiver's left-lower back. He is NOT gripping the jersey. When they play the clip full speed...no holding. That's why they stop the clip.

• Options
    CottledawgCottledawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman