Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Resetting where things stand with Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken as NFL season ends

SystemSystem Posts: 10,539 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageResetting where things stand with Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken as NFL season ends

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.\

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"It would also be wise to not except a formal announcement from Georgia regarding Monken’s future in the event he stays."

I don't understand what this sentence means. Help, please!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Expect” not “except “, I believe…..

Had to read it a couple of times….

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know... except, accept, expect... what's the difference?? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Have to stop and read again several times per piece due to typo, grammar errors. Aggravating

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

This story is getting very old and frustrating. If all the hirings mentioned by Connor occur there will still be numerous threats like who will take the Eagles vacant OC position? I just hope this is resolved soon or we will be screwed with a wasted Spring practice. If he leaves we will have to immediately hire a replacement. If that replacement comes from another school then that school will also get burned. I hate to say this, but at some point Monken needs to “- - - - or get off the pot”!!! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

I've heard it both ways. With some Services they're ranked 5, and with others it's 4. But, the composite is 4. Really it doesn't matter much. There's very little, if any, separation between the #10 QB in the Country...and the #1 QB in the Country. Depending on what you're looking for, in your QB. They were all, right there, at the top of their Class.

The point is...Monkin has a smorgasbord of talent to play with. Every Coach in the Country, is green with envy. Lol...If Monkin leaves, there'll be a line of prospective OC's from Athens to the border, hoping for the privilege of serving as UGA's Offensive Coordinator.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Monken has a chance at a 3 peat. Not done in the modern era. There are lots of trophy's, money, accolades, but who can say they were the OC that won 3 National Championships. NO ONE ALIVE. Probably no one in the next 100 years. If I'm him, I stay. The NFL can wait another year - and the money will be that much higher.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What day is this for the Monken watch? Day 15 by my count.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I couldn't agree more plus, IMO, Beck has the potential to be a Heisman candidate given the skill and practice he has put in under Monkens direction. I for one am tired of nothing reports about Monken...will he stay or will he go...I am confidant he will stay, if indeed winning is truly a priority as he has mentioned.

• Options
  • Options

As far as our QB's, Beck, Vandagriff and Stockton were all "stellar" HS QB's. They all have been "Monkified" and as a result are on the verge of being ELITE....all that is needed are games and snaps to verify the obvious.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Moken is packed up and outta Athens within the next 72 hrs ..is my feeling

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thomas Brown did not play for Kirby Smart….

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah? Where to?

I do not see TB or Baltimore happening. Unless some new team with a decent roster and and decent QB comes calling, I guess he could go to Baltimore and run the ball all the time because I think Lamar is gone. They can Franchise him and he can sit on the bench hurt half the season again I guess. Ultimately I think he wants more money than Baltimore is ever going to pay him. Because that is what Baltimore typically does, not give out those crazy high long term contracts.

So maybe Lamar or Carr go to new teams and one of those teams want Monk, I could see that scenario more than anything. But who knows when that will happen, Carr I suspect will happen fairly soon. Kyler Murray? Seems like best currently available option, yet Connor talked about this opening the least. They have a nice roster and Arizona is not a terrible place to live either.

So unless he wants to get out of college ball so bad he is OK with losing and likely putting up very unimpressive offensive numbers, other than following Carr or Lamar or getting offered the Arizona job, I think he stays at UGA and waits for a MUCH better opportunity.

But let's hope Arizona, or anyone else other than Baltimore and TB, doesn't come calling!

• Options

That is what I was thinking, but maybe he did. There was the 1 year Kirby was on the UGA staff before he started coaching with Saban at LSU, I think it was.

• Options

There is a chance, but I agree with you, UGA is best job available for him at any level.

Unless a new one comes along in the next week or 2.

• Options

All of this will be worked out soon now that the Super Bowl is finally over. I hope you can hang in there that long lol.

I do not care how long it takes, AS LONG AS HE STAYS!

If he doesn't, well, we could be in far worse shape than we are. Kirby's got this. Who knows what is happening behind closed doors. They could be finalizing a new raise.

Or Monken could be entertaining new interview requests over the next 2 weeks. But hope not!