Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Stetson Bennett attempted to hide from Dallas police, details emerge

13»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Athletes drink-duh, athletes drink too much at times-duh. Most 25 yr.old NC winners, don't get arrested at 6:30 in the morning, in a strange neighborhood banging on doors, and when the cops show up, they hide from the police. It's like, he just can't handle his business. I love SB. But it's just a really bad look as to personal responsibility when you're about to, in essence, apply for the biggest job of your life.

Think in terms of yourselves graduating with your degree and you're appying for your dream job and then you have to answer for this. Face palm.

If not for that, if not for him being arguably "the face" of the Dawgs, then it's not news worthy. Just some regular Smoe not handling his business. SB screwed up a couple of times in recent days. Not as bad as JC did, but as has been stated, he is a few years older.

Just my opinion, but I hope that I would have been advised to come out publicly and explain the situation, say how wrong I was and I will learn and grow from this experience and wham, it's over. Just confess over celebrating with friends and you're sorry for what you did. It's over.

The silence does more harm than good, IMHO.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What difference does it make, if he's 20 or 25? He doesn't have anymore true "life experience" than ANY of his teammates. He's been going to College, for 5 yrs...living in a Football cocoon, with tunnel vision and going to class. Which is what's required, to get your team 2 Natty's.

Where's the support and gratitude?

The kid was 19 when he graduated HS and turned 20 before he played the part of Baker Mayfield, in the 2017 CFP Bowl preparations. He's a late bloomer as most small town, South Georgia students ARE.

His life experience isn't yours...so, don't judge so harshly. He just took your team to the Promised Land, two years in a row. How about getting in Bennett's corner, for a change? You know...actually provide the same "benefit of the doubt" you would want for your kid.

Ask yourself this...What do I benefit from Bennett's failure? If the answer is..."it would prove me right about him, all along"...then I question your motivation for leaping to worst case conclusions.

I'm sure, most of these accusations will be put to bed, when we get the whole story...IF we get the whole story. We are not "entitled", but, he would be well advised to get out in front of this ASAP. There may be a reason, of which we are not aware, that he hasn't done that yet.

It's possible, he was involved with this "racing thing". It's also possible, he's morning the loss of 2 very close friends. We all deal with death in our own way. I say...wait till all the smoke clears and allow these boys to deal with their feelings...BEFORE we start piling-on. It will keep some of you from having to "eat crow", later. Lol

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Based on your posts, I'm sure you believe you have all the answers. Shame you don't know how arrogant and dumb you sound.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol..."arrogance & ignorance" is a bad combo, alright. Reminds of an old quote..."it's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

In fairness...@UGADad20 comes up with some pretty good observations, every now and then. Lol

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey UGADad20, I thought you said Stetson had a weak arm yet he just tied Will Levis, you know the guy with a cannon? So it seems like I was right, You really don't know much.