Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Carson Beck clears air, shares why he considered transferring last year

SystemSystem Posts: 10,558 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Carson Beck clears air, shares why he considered transferring last year

(This is the first of a two-part story on Carson Beck’s post-spring thoughts. The Georgia QB shared feelings from his challenges with the Bulldogs and explained how it plays into who he is and his hopes for the future)

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

learning is a lifelong thing. lots of ups and downs.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He sounds like an intelligent young man.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 169 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is no assumption, he's already won it, Kirby is just waiting to August to name him so he can control the media and other coaches.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know about that. Lol...as long as he doesn't announce a "starter", the spotlight will be on "Kirby and the Program"...and, not on the "Starting QB"..

If he's already decided, and doesn't mind us knowing...he'll parade him out in July for SEC Media Days. Otherwise...could be any of the 3, by the end of Fall Camp.

But, Beck is probably the #1 right now. Spring probably started and ended that way, from the looks of things. Lol...I don't know how Kirby thinks he's gonna keep that a secret...when it seems like, everybody already knows. Lol

I still don't really know what Stockton can do. The "Spring Game" didn't really reveal that much about Him. If he takes the job from BVG and Beck, that would give the Dawgs a Championship caliber (hopefully) QB for the next 2-4 yrs, vice 1 or 2 years with 2 different QBs. Ya' never know how things are gonna work out.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He had a lot of maturing to do, and it sounds like he did.

• Options
    edited May 2023

@MikeGriffith

Good story Mike. Very revealing. I bet Kirby doesn't appreciate it, though. That article will go in every teams "UGA Counterintelligence" file, under "Psychological Profile".

While Beck's words and thoughts are justified...putting those sorts of things out there on the street, is usually not a good idea. It's kinda like, we don't want their General, knowing how our General, "thinks". I wonder how it went over, in the locker room...not to mention, the QB Room. And, if I were a recruit...it would give me pause.

It also appears that he's subtlety applying pressure on Bobo...and I don't think Bobo appreciates THAT.

Hope it doesn't have a negative impact, afterall, the kid hasn't even started a game, yet...let alone, been "named" starter...including, in the 2021 UAB Game. He's actually, the first...and ONLY person I heard, confirm that little ditty, outside of his HS Coach.

I'll just bet, that doesn't sit well, with some people, is all i'm sayin'....but, I may be wrong.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang Mike, you let the cat out of the bag! Reporting info that's already out there!

• Options

Lol...I thought the exact same thing. Bet we weren't the only ones. Wonder who else took notice.

• Options

He didn't do it. It was a Pod Cast. You can probably watch it yourself, online. Lol

Mike didn't do anything...Beck did.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

'....but, I may be wrong.

No offense, but hopefully, that is the case....!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
  • Options

I agree. I hope I'm wrong, too. But, my gut tells me otherwise. Please....tell me I'm reading too much into it.

• Options
    edited May 2023

You are.....🤣

Coach Bobo will not hold anything against him for this.....far too professional!

• Options
  • Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Beck’s state of emotions likely explains why he didn’t chase after the UAB defender who intercepted his pass and returned it for a touchdown, providing the Blazers their only score in a 56-7 game."

Remember the game and that moment well.

Not chasing or making an effort to get him down was bad, but what made it worse was when he was laughing. My guess is, that may have been the nail in the coffin for him (laughing). If he has anyone to blame it's himself, I certainly hope he has changed.....time will tell, but that is a lot of changing imo,

• Options
    edited May 2023

True...but, it's not just about Bobo...or Beck. You have 4 other QBs psyche to consider, and how they're gonna handle, Beck pronouncing himself "Starting QB in Succession".

If Bobo and Smart already told the QB Room, what "the depth chart" assignments were, going into Fall camp...and he cleared the interview with Smart and Bobo...No Ploblem. If not..."problem"...maybe.

I think SEC Media Days might clear it up, some. If Beck is indeed "The Starter", Kirby will probably trot Him out there as one of the 3 or 4 players representatives (team leaders), he usually takes with him, to interact with the press. Just to give him confidence, if for no other reason.

Lol...or, he could take both BVG and Beck with him, just to mess with people's heads. Lol

I say, "probably", because he took Daniels in '21...but, didn't take a QB in '22. In '21...Daniels started 2 or 3 games before being permanently replaced by Bennett. Then Kirby wound up having to answer "QB Controversy" questions, right up to the CFPCG. To avoid controversy...he may not take a QB...ever again. Lol