Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint arrested on reckless driving and speeding charges

124»

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Doing 90 in a 60 mph zone makes you technically a super-speeder and is pretty bad and could wind you up in jail (if the cop doesn't like you)... doing 90 in a 45 is beyond unacceptable. He should be grateful that he didn't kill anyone at that speed. I'm not saying he should be completely kicked off the team, but a one year suspension should be a minimum. This goes beyond doing something **** like stealing scooter helmets. You are putting other peoples lives in jeopardy at that speed. No excuses.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could this be the egregious downside of NIL? When I was at UGA 73-76, I drove a 67 Skylark that I was blessed when it cranked. The "nip it in the bud" comment was absolutely right on.....impound the vehicle for at least a year, require reality counseling emphasizing all that the player will piss away if behavior doesn't conform with the school and TEAMS expectations and a solid in writing warning, any more violations dismissal from the team.....nothing communicates like the first example.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A year for "speeding" is a little strong. Lol

But, I get the sentiment. I think it's safe to say, everybody's fed up with this foolishness. Moreover...we're tired of talking about it.

However...IMO...you don't want to "throw out the Baby with the bath water". A year suspension could completely detail his career. You wouldn't suggest doing that with a "Business Major" or "prospective Biologist", that made a mistake, would you? Lol

I DO agree with the fact, that the current discipline measures are apparently having, little or no effect...so, it might be time to up the "ante". And, publicize what the consequences will be, so that EVERYBODY KNOWS what the price will be for a 1st offense & 2nd offense...better not be a 2nd...much less a 3rd. So...no need to go further than that.

IMO...you HAVE to have an "individual" approach, as well as a "collective". Each player is different and his own person. It wouldn't be "fair" or "just" to hold Jack-Saint accountable for the mistakes made by others before him.

That being said...age and experience should be taken into account, when meting out punishment. You wouldn't expect a Freshman to be as disciplined or self aware as a Senior...which is what's frustrating about this whole thing. The guys getting dinged...are "upperclassmen" and SHOULD know better! SMH