Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint arrested on reckless driving and speeding charges

Comments

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Road Atlanta is less than 45 min away, someone please put a partnership deal together with Michelin so these young people can learn to drive fast cars and do their racing on a track and not the roads.

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

The ACCPD has a history of arresting people for traffic violations that would get a citation just about everywhere else in the state. Like, they arrest people for driving on an expired (not suspended) driver's license.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Interesting idea but teaching them to drive faster, more safely, will inevitably spill over to street driving. The "discipline" being meted out internally is obviously not working.

If burying your friend and teammate doesn't make an impression I don't know what will. Making an example of someone might. Booting a very high profile offender off the team might send the message to everyone that this must stop. .

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dadgum, y'all. Another one?!

• Options
    paleodawgpaleodawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I think this is where it's going. Death of teammate and various internal discipline isn't getting the message across to these young men. Time to make an example of someone. I disagree with kicking this guy off, simply because he didn't get advance warning of this particular punishment. But deal harshly with this young man, internally, and make it perfectly clear to everyone on the team: the next person to gets charged with reckless driving is off the team, no questions asked.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like this idea. You lose your scholarship for the year but can stay on the team. Make it a financial punishment rather than ruining their life.

If they have the NIL to buy these expensive cars, they can pay for a year of college.

• Options
    street0123street0123 Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

What was the speed limit on this stretch of Atlanta Hwy. The reckless driving charge seems to be only because of the excessive speed, because it doesn't say he was not racing, driving while impaired, or driving without a license. So it seems he was in-fact actually arrested for speeding.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

"This isn’t the product of any one racial culture."____@Hemingwey

I tend to agree with you...but, how would we know, if we're not allowed to talk about it. Lol

IMO...if you're gonna post something that represents a racial connection to a social Fad or activity...you need to provide some evidence or it can be viewed as just another ignorant stereotypical comment, that doesn't move the conversation forward one iota.

With valid evidence, a strategy can be formulated, that addresses the root cause of the problem. Maybe...or, maybe it doesn't matter...which is where I stand.

That being said...when I was growing up in SE Ga., back in the 70's...the white guys raced the muscle cars and the black guys raced motor cycles. I don't really know why. It wasn't discussed and it didn't much matter. Lol. That's not to say we didn't have some "cross-mojination" (bikes against cars). Lol

One of my best friends, rebuilt a Mustang Mach II that could blow the doors off of anything on the road. He wound up working for a NASCAR racing team, as a pit mechanic and raced occasionally. Mostly dirt tracks and Enduro-Races. That's the type of racing that was popular, at the time.

The stuff they're doing today with these "souped up tanks", is beyond racing. It's foolhardy. Those vehicles aren't designed to handle those speeds in a turn. If you hit one small hump in the road...you could wind up in the trees.

Supposedly, the team is being educated to these facts. But...ARE they? What are they teaching them? What is the curriculum being taught? Whatever it is...it doesn't SEEM to be having the desired effect.

I can't get over the fact, street racing in Georgia has become "a thing"...again! But, back in my day...we had enough sense to do it where we didn't put innocent people "at risk". Doing it without spotters in a populated area or on a street/road with traffic is selfish and disrespectful.

And, that's what alarms me, most. The complete disregard for Public Safety and self-preservation.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This unfortunately is a real thing and has been. It is so very wierd since other schools seem to have more influence on their local pds. In Athens it is opposite.

Regardless, maybe it might make sense not to give out sports cars to all the incoming players. Just a thought.

• Options

"I 'earned' a reckless driving at about his age,,, it couldn't have been a speeding charge 'cause all I could afford was a Pinto."____Chief

🤣🤣🤣...now, that's funny...I don't car who you are. "The Pinto"...Lol...man, if you had to drive a Pinto back then, I bet it was hard to find "a Date". I'm sorry for you Brother. There was another car with similar disrepute...and, I can't remember what it was, to save my life.

FYI...I drove a Mustang II, 4 cylinder, 4-speed...sporty, but slow. My Dad wouldn't trust me with anything bigger than 4-cylinders. I stripped the nylon gears one night, practicing the double-clutch. Lol...I had some splainin' to do after my Dad talked to the mechanic.

• Options
  • Options

Lmao...both, now that I think about it. But, I gotta say...the "Volkswagen Beetle" was King. Now, it's a collector's item.

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

One player and one UGA employee have already been killed this year doing the Charger speeding raceway thing. Still these idiots keep thinking father Grime Reaper wont show up again and they will be stone cold on a slab at the morgue or innocent victim(s) won't be left dead in some rubble of plastic or metal out on Loop 10 or anywhere else in Athens.

Enough is enough with the out of control Dodger racing lifestyle... Kirby, about time to make someone accountable that is living not dead . 2-4 game suspension I say and tacking playing time away will hurt these players big time for stats for the NFL draft stock.

No words but enough is enough

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Enough is enough with the out of control Dodger racing lifestyle... Kirby, about time to make someone accountable that is living not dead . 2-4 game suspension I say and tacking playing time away will hurt these players big time for stats for the NFL draft stock.”

I get your point. However, the goal is (or ought to be), driving home the message without hurting the team’s chances of winning during the season. A successful strategy would actually improve the football program and the Dawgs’ performance on the field, as well as in life outside of football.

• Options

He was Arrested for Reckless driving..at 90 mph it's almost a guarantee he was weaving in and out of traffic..therefore the proper reckless driving charge was issued..the same as it is for everyone. He'll be lucky if his license isn't suspended, and has to attend defensive driving classes, and pay a fee to get his driving privileges back.