Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit: ‘Bama, LSU just a little bit ahead of Georgia’

13»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Personally...I think Stockton could be the best of the three. He may be next year's starter...depending. There's A whole lot of football to play and hundreds of practice sessions between now...and next year. So, that's another conversation.

You never know...Stockton could be forced into service this year, due to injury or whatever. He could blow everybody off the field, once his opportunity arrives...kinda like Bennett did. Same can be said for the other 2 guys...but, I believe Stockton is the better of the three.

Gunner (great QB Name) just needs a little salt, pepper and garlic (Seasoning). Lol...while Beck needs to eat more "Roadrunner" to strengthen his pocket presence and run-game...and...Vandergriff needs to put "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" on a loop while watching "Thor", to work on his passing game. Lol

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

didnt know that kirk was commenter on DN but with several down votes for saying thank you to him I guess he is ! 😂

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2023

Lol....yeah, I think that "Down Vote" crap is this generations way of voicing their opinion from a "Safe space". In other words..."A Chickenshit rebuttal for the Brainless"...or a Chickbuttal. Lol

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61

Yeh, I don't down vote anyone's opinion, unless it's just really ridiculous,so I have maybe 10 times or less since being on this forum. I try not to make anything personal but some folks do, obviously. I'm certainly OK with people disagreeing with my opinions as I'm not on here trying to get likes so it's not going to sway me one way of the other or change my mind about anything, that can only be done by sound reasoning which generally down voters don't even try to give. If I grew up during the age of social media maybe it would effect me, but I didn't.

I don't always agree with your opinions but I like the fact that you aren't afraid to put stuff out there because you have thought things through. Sometimes you make me rethink some of my ideas and that's a good thing.

I used to belong to the Atlanta Braves forum when Dave O'Brien ran it a few years back and it was awesome. We had a former major league scout on there, numerous commentors who had played at a high level, and even one of the founding members of the band Firefall! Every day we had interesting banter back and forth. We rehashed every game during the season the next morning, lot's of fun. We didn't always see things alike, which definitely made it more interesting and if you posted something that went against the more respected members you'd better have a decent explanation why or be taken to task. THat wouldn't playwell in today's environment in which to disagree with someone is violence.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think our top 2 guys could start at Bama over any of the guys they have now. I am pretty sure the offer was made to Brock to come on over to Bama. The fact that he stayed is great for us and potentially Auburn. I think the offer was a window that needed to happen before they took the kid from Notre Dame. Anyways, anyone who doesn't think our top 2 guys would start at every school but LSU and Tennessee and may even start there is kidding themselves We are sitting in a very very good spot at QB. I am more concerned about the OL and DL recruiting and who steps in next year when we have a mass exodus.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am beginning to believe that Kirby pays Herbstreit to say this nonsense