Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

David Pollack among those laid off by ESPN

2»

Comments

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sad day for 🏈 & CGD fans. Mickey, Donald, Goofy, & Dopey must be making all the decisions. Kirk looked lost & uninspired last season without Lee C & either embarrassed or disgusted at times with Pat Mac. I was already channel surfing when DH, PM, & RD would get air time. Now without a real analyst other than KH on the show, I’m not going to waste 3 hours on Sat mornings just to see Coach stick on a mascot head & do his Queen wave. Sadly that will be the only entertaining segment left.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@1SICemDAWGS1

"because of lee corso, and his sideshow crew of Michigan homer desmond howard, and the Ohio bucknut kirk herbstreit"

Lee Corso-what a clown show

Desmond Howard-has he ever picked UGA?

Herbstreet- the least offensive to me but still an Ohio St homer.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Walt Disney has got to be doing light speed rotations in his grave. Is Elle Duncan still left as an avid Dawg fan?

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let’s see, who would any football fan prefer to listen to, David Pollack or Pat McAfee? What are the folks at ESPN smoking? Pollack actually analyses things. I’m not even sure what to call what McAfee does, but it ain’t pretty or helpful.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

Pollack was the only upper tier football analyst they had with any credibility in the SEC. The rest are B1G analysts. If I was running the show I would have gotten rid of Desmond and retired Corso for good. I would have replaced Kirb Herbstreit with David and brought in some younger fellas and maybe an attractive lady who knows her football. I thought David should be leading the whole show since the contract is with the SEC.

My analysis of Game Day is something akin to the following:

Kirk - past his prime and a B1G homer and OSU homer

Des - another B1G homer and pretty bad analyst

Bear - good analyst - bolted for Fox

Maria - good analyst - bolted

Corso - needs to retire. Great guy, great past. Not a southern football guy. More of a traditional power analyst Notre Dame, USC, etc.

David - best most professional college analyst they had, SEC guy.

McAfee - not an upper tier analyst. Comes across as white trash. Occassionally entertaining but you can only listen to him for about 2 minutes and his takes are over the top many times. He likes to play the hey I'm funny because you are **** takes on the set with the other guys. I don't think that is going to go over well. Now that Pollack is gone if he tries that on Kirk or Des they are going to turn on him quickly.

I really thought Gameday was grooming David to take over for Herbstreit who seems to have lost a step. Oh well all good things must come to an end. Maybe he can start his own thing with some others. Just a shame. Another thing I will be doing less of now. This should give me time to workout more on Saturday mornings which I need to do anyways.

• Options
    AlicelookingAlicelooking Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I am not looking forward to more prattling by Pat McAfee. The same guy that did a promo for Natty Light.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    JimmyJoeMeekerJimmyJoeMeeker Posts: 8 ✭✭ Sophomore

I keep thinking that ESPN simply misspelled Desmond Howard.....

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

IMO...Pollack was a "personal hit" by somebody in ESPN's hierarchy...hidden among planned terminations. "If I'm reading the signs" (credit, "Silver Linings Playbook"). Lol

In fact...whomever axed David...probably had it planned since last season. Lol...they think the public's wariness of these "covert moves" by entertainment entities and politicians go unnoticed...because, that's the way it's "always been".

However...here comes the "Internet" and "Social Media"...introduced by AL Gore and a certain Political Party, not that it matters which Party...in the early '90's. They thought this would give "Government & Industry" more control and insight into the minds of Americans...among others.

And it did...to an extent. Until someone smarter and richer came along and blew it all out of the water...Elon Musk. Musk will go down in American History as an "American Hero"...unless of course they succeed in the "Covert Insurrection".

Zuckerberg could've done the same thing...but, he's a cowardly little ****, that's fortunate to be where he is...keeping his head down and appeasing whoever's in charge. Now it's boomeranging on all of them...because, it also gave "the people" control and insight.

During the last 7 years....The American People have gotten a crash course on the "Propaganda & Manipulation Campaign" that's been waged on them by these parasites over the decades...and, we don't like it. Not one bit. They've gotten overt in their efforts ...as if, we are as unintelligent and malleable in our ethics & values, as they are.

I've waged a personal war on their unprofessionalism and BS WOKE Agenda. I gladly join the likes of Ted Nugent, Chris Rock and Dana Carvey, in fighting and exposing their hypocrisy & attempts to "socially engineer" our people and their values.

One of their goals is to eliminate "Religious Influence" by attacking various Churches and Synagogues...and the integrity of their respective parishioners', as if people that worship are infallible and without sin. Their transgressions, don't make em hypocrites...it makes em human.

Now, these sinister entities are so emboldened, that they are coming after Parents and their kids at School Board Meetings...right out in the open.

And...they would love to destroy the "family unit"...which is why it takes a Dad...and Mom, working 2 jobs to make ends meet and get a few extras for the kids. Who's raising the kids you ask??? Why...they are. Lol...and have been since the '70's...through the classroom, television & movies, the Internet & Social Media, etc.. Then they get turned over to Universities...for more indoctrination by Professors that can't tell you the difference between XX and XY Chromosome construction.

One of us...one of us...one of us...is their Cult Chant. Lol

Wake Up and Fight Back, America (WUFB). Not as tight as MAGA...but, WTH...That's my slogan. Lol

In order to have "Life, Liberty & Pursuit of Happiness" (Declaration of Independence)...you must have the freedom to choose and freely express your thoughts in Debate and Art (US Constitution). They are looking to remove or bastardize those particular American mainstays from our "Contstitution" which reinforces The "Declaration".

If you want to see what their vision of our Society is...their trying to tell you. Just watch the following movies....

1. Logan's Run. 2. Equilibrium. 3. Running Man. 4. Equals. 5. Solvent Green. 6. I Am Robot... And, many others. This is where they would like to see our society...or, not. Either way...that's where we are headed with the mandatory inoculations, mandatory registration of "being" and now...the rise of Artificial Intelligence which The Senate has been meeting to discuss over the last 2 months.

All I'm sayin' is Beware, Be Smart and speak out, every chance you get...unless, of course...you agree with their "Cult Message". Lol

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options

@DawgNationDaily

My post was regarding the "ESPN Firing of David Pollack" ...which is... "The Topic of the Article".

And i added "Go Dawgs" because Pollack is a Dawg...this is a Dawg website...and ESPN has always had an axe to grind with UGA.

Why are YOU protecting them? Lol

Please email me with a reason for flagging my post as "Off Topic". Or remove the flag.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bwahaha !!!! Preach it my Brother !! I’m With You (and so are Millions of other Patriots) !! They wrongly think that everyone is in lockstep with them !! Wrong !!! They’ve showed their slip to much in recent times and now people that Thought, now Know !! The proverbial lid has blown off the kettle !!! United We Stand, Divided We Fall. They underestimate American Unity !!! Wish You and All my fellow Dawgs Fans a Great and Happy 4th of July !! I Hope and Pray people will Remember what it stands for. FREEDOM !!!!

• Options

Oh and here’s a little tutorial for ESPN. See Fox firing Tucker Carlson. Tucker has already been offered many fold what he was making at Fox by a rival company. But it looks like he’s enjoying doing his own thing via podcasts. I hope and pray and I’m confident that David will go on to Greener pastures. So ESPN all you did was shoot the big toes off your own feet !! Dummy’s !!

• Options
    edited July 2023

Happy Independence Day to you too, my Navy Dawg Brother.

You know what's been on my mind for years? At least since my wife brought it to my attention 10 or so years ago. After something She saw on Discovery, in regards to a prognosticator...or Profit, by the name of Baba Vanga. An old Bulgarian Blind woman (84 YOA). I grew interested and did some reading on her. Dang....we're on a precipice right now.

Baba Vanga's predictions pick up where Nostradamus left off...sort of. They kind of blend together, actually. Anyway, if you do a little research you can find out what her predictions were from around 2015 or so...and it's uncannily accurate.

One of her most startling predictions was that Donald Trump would be the "last American President". She also predicted 9/11, the Serbian Chemical attacks, the Pandemic and an "attempt on Putin's life by his own men, which he narrowly escapes". Sound familiar? She bares paying heed to, as she hasn't been wrong often...if ever. I hope in this case she is. Lol

Her predictions for our future?

• Global hunger will be eradicated between 2025 and 2028.
    • China will overtake the US as a superpower.
    • Polar ice caps will melt from 2033 to around 2045 and ocean levels will rise around this time.
    • Doctors will be able to cure any disease with cloning technology.
    • From around 2072, a classless Communist society will thrive in hand with nature

That's about as stark a warning as you're gonna get, guys.

Anyway...you're right...Pol6lack is a Dawg. And, Dawgs land on their feet. He'll be just fine. ESPN isn't blind...and their decision to part ways with him are telling. I'd like to see him on the SEC Network. Before you say it...yeah I know they're a subsidiary of ESPN. But, they aren't "the same", IMO.

• Options
    edited July 2023

@BigDawg61 You remember that ole Ragu Sauce advertisement on TV: “It’s in there !!” ?? Well much of what we’re seeing is in the Holy Bible !! Primarily in the Old Testament and in some degree the New Testament as well. It’s scattered all over so it requires allot of searching through, but It’s In There !!

I’m 66 yrs.old now but when I was about 16 or 17 years old I saw a old film at the Church my girlfriend at that time attended called “A thief in the night”. Scared the boogery boo out of me back then !! Now it doesn’t necessarily Scare me but it does greatly Concern me.

The wild thing is when I saw that ole movie way back then, I never dreamed that I’d see it begin to transpire with such clarity !! I’ll check that Lady out on the internet sometime soon.

Thank You and All our Active Duty, Veterans, Reserve Forces,National Guard, Air Guard, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters, EMTs, Medical Professionals, (especially emergency) and ALL Americans that are Working an honest vocation or retired after such for your Dedicated and Honorable service to our country. I apologize if I missed anyone !!

To Me these are the folks that are the very backbone of our country !! If a person works an honest job at a fast food joint, and does their best on the job as an example, that person deserves respect, because they are Contributing, not Taking for free off the labor of others !! God please Forgive America first, then maybe You will see fit to start back Blessing us again !! Hope Everyone has a Great & Safe 4th of July Freedom Day !!!