Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit, Rece Davis poke fun at UGA fans on Twitter: ‘Poor old Georgia’

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When was the last time either one of these "Bone Heads", were right? About anything?

Lol...who the hell cares, what they think?. They're just doing what they're told. This is the way I see their preseason WAR Room meeting going...

ESPN said......."Herby, you've been living up Nick's ass for the last 14 years...why don't you take Bama, this year? And, "Reecie Cup"...that leaves either OSU or Michigan for you. Which one do you want. Yall don't have to worry about Pollack...we fired him to keep him off your back. We've gotta create some buzz around College Football or we gonna lose a fortune. But...for the love of God...Whatever yall do...DO NOT mention Georgia's Defense. Pretend like it's 2021 all over again.".

Or, something like that.

• Options
    edited July 2023

It's "sound"...ONLY IF...you ignore everything...BUT...the quarterback position, which those "big thinkers" at ESPN tend to do.. When you start looking at the depth, experience, offensive lines, receivers, Defense and Special teams...it's short-sighted and amateurish to go with the "usual suspects", based soley on the QB position. IMO.

If you're gonna do THAT...you might as well throw South Carolina in there. They return one of the best QB's in the Country. He's just not on Herbie or Reecie's radar, anymore...and, yet. He was in 2020 and 2021...but, they dropped Rattler like a hot potato, early last year. And, just when he was getting ready to and live up to the hype.

Lol....those two guys...Herbie and Reecie...just can't buy a "correct prognostication".

If I'm not mistaken....UGA just proved, in 2021, you don't need a "juggernaut offense"...if you have a "steel curtain defense". What do you think their defense will look like, in 2023? Personally...I think they'll be better all-round...not just on the front 7.

You have to score on Georgia...to beat Georgia. I don't think Kirby plans on letting anybody do that, without a fight. Where does Bama and Michigan stand, with respect to their "defense"?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Michigan will have to win their weak conference to get a possible re-match with TCU..

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't expect anything more from these two "Fan Boys"......and to think they are paid millions to provide fact based, cogent assessments on college teams and all they can muster is GREAT BULLETIN BOARD material when comes to The DAWGS. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE HEADLINES JANUARY 9, 2024....Hope David Pollack is around to get "The Dawg Nation" JAB by asking these two how it all happened and what went wrong with Big Blue and The Tide??????

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

I think this is great. The ESPN guys are just drumming up interest which is their job. DP rarely showed any UGA bias. In fact I would say he was the most unbiased between Herb, Corso, and Desmond.

I think their is a logical argument to pick Michigan or LSU but not Bama. The qb thing makes sense to me if Georgia wasn't so good everywhere else this coming year.

I'm excited now to see how the team responds. It's Georgia against the world - haha!

• Options

Oh when will Game Day grace us with their first appearance??????

I'm thinkin that the Fan Boys love to stir up controversy....that's all ESPN is good for....so they're not really looking forward to coming to The Classic City for Game Day....I'm thinkin that IF The War **** Eagles/Tigers/Plainspeople...don't won't to offend the alphabet people...can pull out a win against Cal & TAMI, The undefeated Dawgs will roll into Jordan-Hare to face the undefeated Auburn______fill in the blank. I'm thinkin these morons will give the home field edge to Auburn but we can only HOPE! GOOOO DAWGS, SICEM!

I know, it's very wishful thinking, but Coach Freeze has been known to pull a few rabbits out of his headset!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

These two clowns have probably been assigned the job of creating interest in next season by pushing Michigan and Alabama. After all, they are entertainers and the live or die by clicks and views. That being said, both of them are HIGHLY OVERRATED. HIGHLY Overrated. The true analysts, at least most of them, don't do well in front of a camera or microphone. Herbstreit picked Bama both last year and this year based purely on "emotion." He isn't loving on the Dawgs these days since we mastered his beloved Buckets. The perennial chokers of THE Ohio State Joke University. BTW, UGA is rated higher than OSU academically these days. Rece Davis is a Bama grad, so he also is hating on the Dawgs these days. My advice is to just tune them out. Walk away if these clowns come to Athens for a GameDay. Hit 'em where it hurts.

• Options

I think Rece would be great to hang out with. Not so much on Herb.

Let's just see how the season pans out.

It would be sweet to get the 3-Peat. I think we will see the Gameboys in Knoxville.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First Thanks for the bulletin board material !! I’m sure Kirby is appreciative of it as he will use it to motivate the Dawgs to destroy their opponents.

Secondly Any of our starting QBs are more than capable. As for now it looks like Beck will get the start and I have Full confidence in him. The initial part of the schedule will give him needed snaps to build his confidence and get dialed in.

Though I fully support ALL our QBs and will gladly support which ever is the starter, I think Beck has all the tools necessary to be a winner. And it will also give him allot of confidence knowing he will be supported by a ferocious Dawgs Defense !!

In my very ample gut I’ve got a feeling we’re about to witness one of if not The best Dawgs Defenses we’ve seen !! They have full potential to be Even better as a whole than the 2021 Dawgs Defense !!

Y’all feeling a 3peat ??!!?? I sure am !! Herbie and all the other naysayers crying in their stew will be a wonderful sight to behold !! It’s Good that our Dawgs are hated so much by the rivals, means their Winning !! Bwahaha !! Go Dawgs !! GATA !!

P.S. Just to repeat, God forbid Any of our QBs suffer serious season ending injuries, But I have full confidence in Beck, BVG, and Gunner. All three of these guys are more than capable, Especially with the weapons at their disposal to lead our Dawgs to Victory !! This being the case gives or should the entire program confidence, and Again paired with the Dawgs Defense a 3peat is not only Possible but Probable !!

• Options

Such a long season of what looks like not very exciting games tbh. I agree that the talking heads would be doing us a favor to put us at 2 or 3. Since Michigan and Ohio State only have 1 game vs. Penn State that they could actually screw up I think it is likely they both go 11-0. Alabama most likely will lose a game vs. Texas or LSU and so where they start is not as important. I think you want to finish #1 so you get the playoff game closest to where your school is. I think in an ideal world Penn State upsets one of the 2 and the person they upset wins the big game. Then we go into the SECCG as #1 again against the winner of LSU Bama. In an even more perfect world Bama loses to Texas, beats LSU and goes into the SECCG as 11-1 and we beat them and knock them out of the playoff.

That's how I envision it. As far as the playoff goes not too concerned about any of the teams as long as we make it there. Our biggest challenge is not slipping up to anyone in the regular season.

• Options

Almost a week now and the ESPN Fan Boys have yet to pontificate/bloviate on the Northwestern debacle??? I suppose when there is real fire they'll wait until the whole house burns down before reporting the obvious. Just the facts would be refreshing. There is so much conjecture....how is though, that a HC does not know what's going on in the locker room??? Maybe it's a BIG 10 thing.....Jo-Pa claimed not to know???

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't like the fact that the talking heads at ESPN are constantly undervaluing UGA and overvaluing their pet teams but at the same time, I am sort of glad they are because we saw last season what happens when a group of young gifted athletes feel disrespected! Go DAWGS!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. Essentially it’s ours to win IF we don’t shoot Ourselves in the foot by dropping a regular season game we should have won.

The only really hard questions I have at this juncture for really Any of our three starting QBs is do they have the leadership skills ? And also can they handle tough adversity ?

All three bring their own individual skill sets. And all three are pretty darn good in their own right. Barring the injury bug, ( Please No !!) we have More weapons on Offense than Stets did.

And I’m thinking our Defense could be one of if not The best we’ve seen in the Kirby era, collectively. But I agree with you, and you made very good comments. Just get to and Win the SECCG and we’re In !!

To me Bama is our greatest challenge if we meet them in the SECCG. OSU lost Stroud and allot of their best receivers. Michigan is All the usual hype from the talking heads !!

I think we’ll know allot about our Dawgs after the SC game because their gonna come in and play pretty tough I think. IF we beat them by a high score the Auburn game will be of less concern to me.

If we barely slide by the GameCocks then my concern level will be greatly elevated vs Auburn !! Both of those games Especially SC should give us fans a pretty decent idea of what this team is capable of. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

And Michigan's QB couldn't even beat TCU last year, and the LSU QB didn't fare any better against UGA.Just because a team has a returning QB doesn't guarantee he'll be better, I've seen it go the opposite way many times. Have a strong year and the next season receive high expectations and not even come close to living up to those expectations. It takes a TEAM not just a QB.A good QB Is almost irrelevant when your defense can't keep the opponent out of the end zone. Your QB better be a superstar if your defense gives up 35-40+ points almost every game. JJ McCarthy is no Joe Burrow or Stetson Bennett..not even close. Michigan has supposedly had the best OL in the NCAA the past 2 years. 1st year The UGA defense dominated that super OL, then last year TCU did the same thing against that "great" OL. I'm not impressed in the least with Michigan or their QB..GoDAWGS!

• Options

That's generally how the media works, these days. Cover for the ones you love...and expose the ones you don't...even if you have to make crap up. Like a "speeding issue at UGA"...Lol.

They...the media...couldn't be anymore transparent and there are STILL those that would believe em. Because, it's in their immediate interests to do so. But, what happens when they come for you and yours? How do you fight back against a lie...when the truth is being buried faster than it can be dug up. People better wake the hell up, is all I can say.

Go Dawgs...7 more weeks till Kickoff. Tune this stuff out and keep your head down, while they're shooting at you. Pay em no mind, just like Kirby teaches.

• Options

The season is almost upon us and then it will be in everyone's interest (except the AJC and clickbait media) to focus on the games.

2 weeks to go....dah dee dah.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirk Herbstreit and Rece Davis, two butt hurt idiots from Ohio State and Alabama who have seen their worlds turned upside down. ESPN is a shadow of it's former self and the continued employment of these two morons shows just how desperate they are. They are so Disney woke that they should drop the "S" from ESPN and replace it with a "C" for cartoon.