Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirk Herbstreit, Rece Davis poke fun at UGA fans on Twitter: ‘Poor old Georgia’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited July 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirk Herbstreit, Rece Davis poke fun at UGA fans on Twitter: ‘Poor old Georgia’

Neither Kirk Herbstreit nor Rece Davis has Georgia as the No. 1 team entering the 2023 college football season. It seems those decisions have upset some Georgia fans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is the only way these 2 (esp Herbstreat) have to get some notice is to talk down the Dawgs, well, once again, we'll let the players and coaches outcomes decide! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2023

DAWGS have won 2 titles in 2 years. Last time ohio state won a title (2014) herbstreit was still a young man too..wonder how old kirk would like that sarcasm?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DAWGS have made both davis, and herbstreit eat their "expert" words the past 2 seasons. They guess enough and they're bound to get it right sooner or later.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's just click-bait.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love it. More sarcasm please.

Fuel Baby! More Fuel for the run. The best thing that happened last year was that Dolt picked Tennessee on Game Day and they moved us to #3. I love being #3 in October. Bring it.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia fans would simply like to be acknowledged as the No. 1 team in the country….

ok I’ll acknowledge that the Georgia fans are better than all the other fans!!!

and while I’m at it, I will say that until proven otherwise, the football team at UGA is also the best.

😳

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess the alabama quarterback's numbers in his impressive string of game starts warrant that number one ranking from herbstreit. I can see their argument.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Haters gonna hate!

• Options

All good points. Very few teams run the table as #1 from the beginning of the season until the very end. I think it has been done only a couple times.

I personally love it. Kirby needs something, anything to motivate these guys and not get complacent. This team is fully loaded and ready for bear. Bama, LSU and OSU are the only teams that could actually beat us. Michigan has a super easy schedule as does OSU so in all liklihood The Big Game will be played against 2 undefeated teams either 1 & 2 or 2 &3 or something.

Needless to say I am a big Texas and Penn State fan this year. Hook 'Em!

• Options
    glDAWG88glDAWG88 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

I personally don't see that UGA should automatically be #1 just because they were the last two years. It's a new year and things change. I completely get that UGA is unproven at QB and lost a load to the NFL. Can they reload? Absolutely. What is a head scratcher to me is that Herbstreit puts so much stock in Bama considering they lost essentially the same - including the Heisman and #1 pick at QB. As unproven as UGA is at QB, Bama is equally - if not more so. Did anyone see that Bama Spring game? Nick did and wen to the portal to bring in another QB. And Reese with Michigan..... maybe so if they can get past TCU 🙄. Seeing UGA ranked in the top five is fine with me. No one wins a Championship in July or Sept or Oct. And this just gives Kirby a calling card. It will all work itself out. Go Dawgs.

• Options

I can see the logic behind Michigan being #1 or LSU since they have returning qbs.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess those 2 think they can say anything positive or negative about Georgia now that David Pollack won’t be around to try to keep them in check.