Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Alabama flips All-American safety Peyton Woodyard from Georgia’s top-ranked class

13»

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If this is true wouldn’t it be a severe violation of current NCAA rules already on the books ?? I honestly don’t know for sure what the current policy is.

But I’m like you if it’s not now it sure Should be !! If this turns out to be true then their literally Buying the player’s services !! I’m not necessarily against NIL, I mean it was gonna come to be sooner or later anyhow. But the NCAA and various conferences need to act Now, to put stringent policies in place before it utterly destroys CFB with corruption !!

Thx for posting this. I wouldn’t be shocked. In the end Allot of schools are gonna push the very edge of the envelope to put themselves in a Winning position. Winning at high levels we know brings in huge revenues for the school.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

IDK. I guess it would depend on who is direct depositing money into his account. I would also wonder if accepting money while in HS would jeopardize his HS eligibility? If you recall, Quinn Ewers reclassified to an earlier class so he could take NIL money.

What we have been seeing would indicate that the top players are cashing in before they are committing to a program. According to Rivals rankings, UGA just saw its #2 and #3 overall recruits/commits flip away from the program. Gonna be a rough couple of years if this stuff isn't cleaned up.

The NCAA is having the last laugh. They were forced by the gov't to open this can of worms and now it is a big mess.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Winning in recruiting and winning on the field will be the true difference maker, (cough cough, aTm). Let them soak up all that money for a few months then jump ship. And the part that won't be policed and would be hard to, direct deposit into parent's accounts. Which very well could be the case with Woodyard. His daddy was a Bama fan growing up(rechecked for facts), so easier to brush it off that way. "Bama factor" on the chain, wow, can't wait until that becomes totally irrelevant. Looks like recruiting at Bama has turned into a magic show.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGADad20 @kylnmeg10 Well said on Both counts guys !! The only redeeming factor is that Kirby and his staff are Elite at recruiting. BUT even though they are masters at it, if teams can essentially continue to BUY players it’s gonna be mighty tough on UGA and other schools who try to stay within decent ethics in recruiting.

• sthop456sthop456 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2023

He has now officially joined 'the hunted'. GO DAWGS!