Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Social media sounds off on Mike Bobo, Georgia offense in Week 1 win over UT-Martin

2»

Comments

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 440 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

@Tom_Bomadil

Exactly my point. And the lack of imagination stems from Bobo trying to be “too cute” with his play calling, as he did time after time from 2007 to 2013. How am I supposed to believe (or any Dawg fan, really) that nothing has changed fundamentally from Monken to Bobo when there was ZERO seam routes thrown in the first 3 quarters of that game.

You have got Superman Bowers on the field along with 3 other capable receivers and not one seam route throw and catch?

Bobo ain’t it, Dawg fans. He isn’t. And friend or not, Coach Smart can’t change a grown man who is famously known for being stubborn and already set in his ways.

You do know that Mark Richt and Willie Martinez were great friends when Martinez was promoted from within to DC, right? And it took 3+ seasons and a moniker label of “free willie” to UGA’s secondary for the Board of regents to finally put pressure on Richt to fire his “friend”.

Looks like the definition of sanity, IMO.

But hey, we shall see!?

I remember as a fan being told when Schottenheimer was hired that “the offense isn’t changing, it will be the same concepts and terminology, Brian will run the same if not very similar offense”. Pffft, yeah. How did that work out?

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monken woud have had receivers wide open every where. I don't think that's what I saw yesterday. It looked like we had to work hard for everything we got till things got out of hand late in the game. 17- 0 at the half THat should of been the end of the 1st quarter score. Not exactly a dud, but certainly not awe inspiring at all. Felt somewhat like Mizzou, early on.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2023

'It looked like we had to work hard for everything we got."____@reddawg1

Exactly. Don't you think that's what they "game planned", from the start? When have you ever known for Kirby to go into a game like this...with Ball St. next on the schedule...and NOT look for "coaching opportunities"?

I think...now, we see why Kirby won't allow people to watch Scrimmages. They don't know what they're looking at, and take away the wrong impression. Like observing a "painting" before it's finished.

We won't see the real UGA for at least 2 weeks....if then...IMO. Why would Kirby rush "the process", with the September schedule UGA's sittin' on? He is taking full advantage, to develop his players. Isn't that what everybody said, was the reason for...having no dropoff between '21 and '22...."Kirby develops players". That doesn't happen by running up the score on a HS Team and keeping guys on the bench.

Based on previous seasons, under Kirby...I believe the main focus of this game, was building for next year and, the year after...as well as providing valuable reps to guys that will be bench-bound after the 4th or 5th game. Those same guys may be counted on to fill injury shoes, late in the season. That's just, what Kirby does.

Are you not happy with Kirby's methods or results? Lol...now, I get why Bama would want to put their best foot forward in week 1. They have a showdown with Texas this week. UGA, on the other hand...has Ball State.

I don't know if you noticed...in fact, I only heard one person mention it...the game slowed down for Beck in the second half. He looked like different QB. He is going to light it up eventually [when they take the cuffs off and as he gets his receivers back]...and, we'll see him display a little more mobility in the pocket, going forward.

Confidence is extremely important to the QB position, as you know. It's one thing to "think you are ready"...it's another, to step behind center, under the lights and "know you are ready". I think Beck knows he's ready, now. But, we won't know...for sure...until after the Carolina Game.

BTW....Rosemy-Jacksaint will be back this Saturday. He was suspended for the UTM Game.

We just, need to be a little more patient with the schedule, this year and understand this is part of the "Kirby Process". That's what drives these things....not "Fan & Media Hype". And...I see a lot of "overreactions"...from both.

Go to work boys. Do your thang. Goooo Dawgs!