Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brock Bowers: If TightRope surgery needed could miss rest of regular season

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

It is conjecture. But we are all thinking "what if". CLEARLY, BB's injury is not a 2 week thing. It is serious and amazing that there were no broken bones. Had it been less serious BB's would have been back on the sideline in a boot cheering the team on. The fact that he was never back on the sideline should tell you this is serious.

I'll say it again. Boneheaded game plan by CKS to over use BB's running the ball vs a team he didn't even need him to win. BB's should have been used mostly as a decoy with occasional deep seam passes to ensure his health down the stretch. CKS caved into the BB's for Heisman pressure. He tried to get BB's his touches in the 1st half and get him out and it burned him. Play selection (TE screens, TE jet sweep) was suicidal. CKS has run that TE jet sweep 3 times this season and BB's has taken big hits to his legs all 3 times.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Brock is out, then just spread the ball around to the Receivers because that will make the offense more difficult to defend. Ladd, RaRa, Lovett, and the others are more than enough fire power to win.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That’s, thankfully, a mighty big if since the only info we have so far is that it’s low ankle sprain with negative X-rays. No need to speculate yet. Obviously, if Bowers was lost for the season, we would be in a mess of trouble. But, as of now, let’s not speculate about how serious the injury is.

• Options

The real question is: Will we even know the true tent of Bowers’ injury? Kirby, for good reasons, often remains vague an such things.

• Options
  • Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

He is having surgery. I guess you can trash some other story now.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quite a blow to UGA. I would also speak with Vandy about the horrific, nearly unplayable, field condition. Players were slip sliding all over the place. To lose Brock because of a Vanderbilt game......hurts.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Well that really, really stinks !! But it is what it is. Can’t concede games because of it. Brock would want the Dawgs to press on Hard !! So IF he could get back in say 5 weeks, could he see Limited action vs. Ole Miss ?? Just speculation. So sad to see this. Get better soon Brock !! Correction/Edit The news about Brock shook me up so bad I can’t even count !! Ole Miss would only be 4 weeks away. Maybe TN game ?? One can always hope.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Feel really bad for Bowers - he is such a competitor that you know that sitting out will hurt him more than anything. Makes a challenging season even more challenging.

I really can’t get over how rough some of the commentary is about these articles. Goodness, it is a free site and yet folks just unload on the writers for everything running from punctuation to speculating about next steps. We can certainly disagree but it seems to always go to DEFCON 5 with the comments and name calling. Take a deep breath and type as if you were sitting in front of the other person. Sorry for the rant; on to the rest of the day. Go DAWGS.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

The next words out of a lot of y'all's mouths should be "I'm Sorry Mike". I may have issues with the articles he writes sometimes or the slant he takes on articles sometimes, but I have no doubt about the access and sources he has to the program. Everyone seems to forget this is a paid reporter...Kirby knows who he is, he couldn't pick most of the fans out of a one man lineup. Point being..if Mike says this is being discussed, he knows it is being discussed. There is no benefit to report unverified news....ask Alan Judd.

• Options

OK I never trashed Mike. I Did say I wished he’d have used a different lead title for the story when he first came out this morning. I even Clearly said it’s OK to speculate. BUT I’d rather apologize than I had be in the wrong and Not apologize. So that in mind I’m sorry @MikeGriffith if my comment came across as bashing or trashing. That Certainly wasn’t my intent. My apologies.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

I am NOT sorry @MikeGriffith and I will tell you why: His first article speculated that with a tightrope surgery “Brock Bowers WOULD miss the rest of the season”.

How convenient to “update” an article that was “speculative” yet you changed the article to remove the two lines included in your original post that had multiple Dawg fans, including myself, posting responses about how typically putrid it was of MG to post an article like that.

You aren’t fooling me and I bet you aren’t fooling others as well. Nice try, though. We know your true colors when it comes to your quality of articles regarding MY DAWGS on this website.

There have been a handful of SEC players that have had tightrope surgeries on their ankles and been back in 3 weeks from the date of their surgery. The Dawgs are going to Day 2 of week 8 of a 14 week season (if you include the bye week), so to speculate and use the words “he WILL miss the remainder of the season” is what set me off; and it isn’t the first time MG has pulled this clickbait nonsense.

Fool me once…You know, the…the thing…

And I do not have dementia like that senile fool living at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue does!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I choose to be optimistic. You can go through life worrying about everything or you can be the half glass full kind of guy.

I am the optimist. We will win the rest of our games and see Brock in the playoff.

See how easy that is?

• Options

Yep !! And I really love and appreciate your optimism !! You and some others are like that and it helps Me to stay optimistic !! Lights my fire to you might say !! I Try to be an optimistic person, I really do. But I confess to many times I let the ole dark side get to me.

Brock Bowers is a huge and valuable part of this team. But it is after all a TEAM, and their success or lack of shouldn’t be Soley Based on one player. Brock will want this Team to win with or without him. So they just have to press on. That’s the bottom line.

Wouldn’t it be So cool if they keep on chalking W’s and Brock comes back to help finish it all up ??!!?? I’m trusting and believing in Delp. He’s no slouch. And I’m loving what I’ve read about Lawson Luckie. There’s a silver lining to this to. Pretty sure Brock will be off to the NFL after this year. Sure can’t knock him for that. So Delp, Luckie, Spurlin those guys will be here next year. This experience should be of big help to them !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In this case it's not next man up, but next men up. Thankfully Ladd is coming back and Rara and Dominic are stepping up and becoming productive receivers. Oscar is solid. Luckie and Pearce will have to contribute. Hate it for Brock, but the identity of this year's team has been and continues to be depth and next man up.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ha - love the take. It truly is next men and not man; it will take way more than 1 to replace. Gonna be fun and interesting to watch how this plays out.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not to sound cliche but a few things taught me to always be optimistic.

My mother who I love immensely was a dark cloud of negativity that I had to minimize as best I could. Minimize the negative people in your life or if they are not related cut them out of your life completely.

Second thing is I have found working for myself and almost losing everything 3 times that you can always start over and only you can pick yourself up and move on.

Third, being optimistic is a much better and funner (made up a word there) to go through life. People enjoy being around positive people and it is encouraging. Remember you can do it.

Last thing is my Lord and Savior told me to that worrying about tomorrow will not add a day to your life. When you don't have the answers ask for His help.

So I am going to call it now. Dawgs will 3-Peat!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Upper ankle had tightrope surgery today.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Some forget..Oscar Delp was the #1or #2 TE (depending on the ranking service you look at) in his class. Delp is no Brock Bowers, no one is, but he's a pretty good TE himself. Same with Luckie, and Spurlin, both good TE's themselves. It'll take all 3 of those guys stepping up, plus the WR's, to help take the pressure off of Beck. I'm not panicking over this injury to Bowers, it happens in football. Although I hate to see it happen to any player. Plus it's beyond the control of anyone, except the Operating Surgeon, and Bowers himself. No doubts that Bowers will rehab as hard as he works on the practice, and game fields, to come back better than ever..GoDAWGS!