Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia offense without Brock Bowers should tell us a lot about Carson Beck, Mike Bobo

2»

Comments

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. As much as everybody is gonna miss seein' Bowers "truck" defenders & snag passes out of the air, one-handed, every Saturday....I don't expect a drop-off in Offensive production.

In fact...I expect the opposite. I look for Bobo to start bringing the Dawgs explosive passing game, on-line in JAX. Beck has had enough in-game reps to be efficient with whatever Bobo gives him. I think he showed that, vs. Kentucky, in the 2nd & 3rd qtr.. The

IMO...Kentucky game is a pretty good blueprint for the Florida game [National Stage]. Instead of Bowers leading the TE's...it'll be Delp and Lucky. Resoectively...the 2nd and 3rd best Tight Ends in the Nation...untill Bowers leaves for the NFL. Then they move up a notch to make room for the new #3 and #4 TE's. Lol

UGA has an embarrassment of riches that prevents critiquing them, using the traditional checkpoints and information applied to traditional football programs.

I've said it before...I'll say it again....this UGA Football Program is "different" than any version, like it in the past...[including Saban's Bama teams]. It's more like an NFL Franchise, with a much larger roster...and, depth & elite talent at every position...including place kicker.

Those numbers aren't against UGA's defense, though. I see a lot of interceptions & points in the Dawgs defensive future...against these teams that live & die by the "Pass".

IMO....After 7 games...their defense is solid on the back end and efficient, on the front end. And, deep, with talent, depth and crosstraining. They're ready for prime time and I can't wait to see em put it all together, in Jacksonville.

edited October 2023

Lol...if you have to see, what we all know....you aren't very familiar with "these" UGA Bulldogs.

And, those 2 receivers went down, because Saban overused em throughout the year...just to get there. Without Young, Metchie and Williams....they would've lost 4 games, that year, including the Auburn game.

Both players, went down to "non-contact injuries", in the post season. Overuse during the season...equals weak legs in the postseason [according to Lane Kiffin]. Kiffin rested his receivers, when he was at Bama. Just sayin'..

Bama's defense couldn't "STOP" UGA's Offense and Stetson Bennett...and, therein lies the rub. It takes a whole team to win a Natty. Bama only had half a team and a disfunctional coaching staff, [for the last few years]...despite the hype and preseason fanfare blown up people's butts.. Lol

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We have to think of winning without Brock Bowers for the next 4 or 5 games. And the impact will be like the 80 season not having Herschel Walker for 4 or 5 games. Let's quit thinking about Bowers and start thinking about how to run the offense as effectively without him.

"And the impact will be like the 80 season not having Herschel Walker for 4 or 5 games. "______WCH

Gotta disagree with you, there. Losing Bowers in 2023, doesn't come close, to losing Herschel in 1980.

70% of UGA's offensive plays were "designed" around Walker's talent, as UGA ran out of a Power "I" and a hybrid VEER during that time frame. He either carried the ball, caught the ball or blocked for the QB and/or FB, on just about, every play. It was Herschel left, Herschel right and Herschel up the middle...on virtually "every play"...as the old saying went, Lol.

Lol Buck Belue, famously said, "I didn't do a whole lot, while i was there. My job was to get the ball to Herschel.".

Bowers doesn't have that kind of impact. IMO....Bowers going down, "may" effect on-field leadership...but, I highly doubt it. This is a much more advanced team, than the '80 Bulldogs. There are leaders and elite players, all over the field.

IMO....Delp and Lawson filling in for Bowers, is the equivalent of having Garrison Hearst and Knowshon Moreno backing up Herschel Walker. We're in good hands.