Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Analysis: Projecting 4-team playoff field, Georgia bowl destination

2»

Comments

• Options
    Georgia67Georgia67 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

The CFP is equally if not more flawed than the BCS. I'd like to know what metrics, after wins and losses, have been used to evaluate teams. If it's simply opinions then my point is proven.

Michigan, Washington, and Florida State remain undefeated. All three should be in the CFP. End of discussion.

By ranking to date the best one-loss teams are Georgia, Texas, Ohio State, and Alabama. One of these teams should be the fourth team in the CFP.

The fourth team should be the best one-loss team based on the CFP metrics. The fourth team should not be determined based on one performance.

To promote Alabama from #8 to # 4, and leapfrog Ohio State, Texas, and Georgia, based on one performance is rubbish. Or, worse yet, simply because they are Alabama and the SEC Champion. To do so would totally negate the ranking system used to date. It would be a profound statement of subjectivity, bias, and disrespect.

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2023

Just saw one of my spelling mistakes, "intimate" should be "intimidate". @GoodOlDawg, I don't think OSU should make it in the top 4. But I also think they deserve a look because eye test and overall talent wise, they are most likely a top 4 team. People can debate all day about the top 4 but at the end of the day, I believe it is about which teams will produce the most views. More views means more money. It's all about the money. Still love my Dawgs. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate