Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former 5-star prospect Xavian Sorey enters transfer portal

2»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your absolutely Right !! I should have went into greater detail about CFB becoming like an Amateur Clone of the NFL. Now what I Really meant by that in a extremely short summary is, all the Bad things about the NFL. But you are Right as rain when it comes to rules structure and organization, Yes Totally Agree the NFL is By Far better than CFB !!

I’m ALL Dawgs fan. I stopped being Both a Dawgs fan and SEC secondly fan a few years back when I saw what was happening. This year’s Playoff Committee confirmed my thoughts drastically when they booted an Undefeated, Conference Winning Champion out of the top four and elevated #8 Bama into a spot.

I don’t care about injuries that was just Wrong !! They “claim” to want the four Best teams in there. Well if that’s true the Dawgs should have been in there !! Why ?? Because we beat our opponents by much higher margins of victory, in Particular Common Opponents !!

OK and if injuries counted Against FSU to keep them out, then injuries should have counted For the Dawgs to keep them In. As Bama had ONE Key Player out prior to the first snap. Dawgs had Multiple Key Players out and others ( 3 to be exact) playing at considerably less than 100%.

Yet Bama STILL needed Obvious Help from the Refs to squeak out a 3 point victory !! They are NOT the better team vs UGA based on that sole win. All that is keeping in mind that the Committee claimed they wanted the four “best” teams, they even stressed Not Deserving but Best. Well with That being their line of thought Bama shouldn’t be in there.

And for Gosh years stacked on years we’ve heard the ole line “Champions Find A Way To Win”. Well FSU found a way to win by 10 points without their starting QB which most people say in general terms is the most important position on the team !!

In conclusion our Dawgs got snubbed BAD !! But I can’t even begin to think how FSU must feel going undefeated And winning their conference Championship. To Me it’s corruption at the highest or should I say lowest ?

And Some people here scorned me, mocked me, and ridiculed me to pieces for saying Media ( Especially ESPN) plays a very heavy hand in all this. Well I’ll go to my grave Believing they Do !! And as a side branch of that look how David Pollack was conveniently Fired with them citing budget cuts. Then Very Shortly there after they Hired Pat McAfee virus for $10 million AND gave him his own show which cost Even More with the staff and technicians that requires !! No it’s because David had the gall to say that UGA was the Up & Coming CFB program while sitting right beside King Saban on National TV !! You don’t insult King Saban and get away with it !!

And Just Like Spurrier used to get Any and All officiating calls that were the slightest controversial in His favor, multiply that Even More with Saban !! So your Totally Right, until the various Conference Commissioners and the NCAA step in establish rules and standards for Everyone.

CFB Will continue to sink into the mire of corruption, bias, unfairness, etc. It’s So sad to watch it happen. I didn’t attend UGA but I’ve been a fan since I was about 6 or 7 years old, Good Lord willing I’ll be 67 this May so that tells you how long !! I’m gonna Keep watching them and reading/listening about any and all things concerning them cause I Love Em. But as it is CFB is getting less and less palatable to watch. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CWdawg1979 Oh I wish I could have gave you more than just one up vote. Like 1000 upvotes !! I Am glad that You and others See the corruption that so many things involving $$$$ have caused to Rapidly seep into CFB !!

I did a poor job of articulating about it becoming an Amateur Clone of the NFL. I probably shouldn’t have used that analogy. The NFL are very transparent that it IS all about the $$$ in their world. Nothing hidden in that regard with them, they Want to make money.

But many people Think that CFB has $$$ coming in for scholarships and better facilities and staffing hires. But by and large it’s still Fair and Sportsmanship is Still the mantra. WRONG !!! It’s become a full money circulating chain.

The last vestige and Even They to a certain extent are the service academies. But even those have lowered their standards and bent their rules like a noodle. I think you and I are about the same age sounds like.

It IS sickening for those in our general age group or older to see when comparing to the past, what we’d call the good ole days. Maybe there’s still some hope. But right now as is, that hope is looking pretty dim.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...what "governing bodies". As far as I can tell...there's NO Governance at all.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think they should put any monies received during a player's tenure in CFB....

In a Trust to be disbursed upon Graduation. A player's "Financial Affairs" should be handled on Campus with maximum transparency...by an NCAA [or, somebody working for the players' & CFB's interest] approved Accountant and Attorney.

Keep "the main thing"...the main Thang!