Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

2»

Comments

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To quote Morgan Wallen in his song" Last Night"........concerning this thread and MJ Jr....."we said it all"!.......to become a DGD, you realize and accept that a starting position/playing time ain't guaranteed for anybody, you've got to earn it at practice and then demonstrate it every snap you get......remember the McConkey "muffs" last year.....Kirby Smart's success is based on competition....that's how he earned playing time....this philosophy was reinforced under Saban and it has served him well.....Some players can't withstand the constant pressure so they opt out for other programs that don't embrace this standard...I wish MJ Jr the best....there will be plenty of teams that would love to give him a permanent starting position in his home state based on his HS stars and his experience at Georgia. I look at his competition and there are NO WORRIES, as he will soon be forgotten. The only problem is the unregulated nature and timing of the TP and to again quote Morgan, "But baby, baby, something's tellin' me this ain't over yet"!

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

This one hurts. I was hoping 24 was his year. Our LB room was a mess this year (both ILB and OLB). I hope we figure out a way to turn it around or every team we play is going to know where to attack.

• Options
    Joe_GagliardiJoe_Gagliardi Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

At least CJ Allen is coming on at the right time. I have high hopes for him. He, I think, will provide an upgrade to our ILB play from the past couple years. We really haven’t had a real stud since Nakobe.

• Options
    Joe_GagliardiJoe_Gagliardi Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

I have to agree there sir. Though only 30, I am sickened by this circus. I have two boys (almost 4 and almost 2) and one on the way. I don’t know how much more time and energy I am willing to give to this sport. I will probably spend all this time next year with them, not watching and enjoying worrying over this sport I don’t recognize anymore.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm going to be P.O.d til December 30!!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

While I'll stick it out... good for you! I am a diehard CFB fan, basically the long form of that: fanatic 😁

However, one day I'll need to sit back and evaluate the alternatives you mention below too. Honestly, they're probably better than my football screentime fixation from September-December each year.

All that said, I'm hanging in there for a while longer (I mostly abandoned pro sports years ago when player loyalty went out the window; if players have no loyalty to their team, why should I? My loyalty to pro football teams now hinges around how many Dawgs they have on their roster... Hello Philly!).

I'm eager to see how Kirby and co. address the LB challenge in a new world... should at least be some fun sports soap opera in the off-season 😁

• Options
    CWdawg1979CWdawg1979 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You say "something is wrong right now" and it clearly is, but it is the state of college football, not UGA. Look at the transfer portal across the country. Texas A&M is loosing just about it's entire defensive line. Tennessee has lost an unbelievable 6 defensive backs. Kirby will do the best he can in this environment. I hate it, but this is what happens when college football leadership gives in to NIL and relaxed the transfer rules.