Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2024 Braves

Comments

• swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone know if Harris II is coming back? If so when?

I still think the Braves could make some noise this year.

Get Harris back. Get Fried back. Get Albies back. You still have a pretty good infield. Riley Arcia (defense is still elite) Albies and Olson. Those guys have underperformed so far. Could that change? If so all of a sudden the offense doesnt look too bad.

Patch together the OF between Harris, Duvall, Rosario, Soler, and Kelnick. Not sure they can carry that many but maybe. You get a couple of the guys above hot and guys like Riley and Olson start hitting maybe you have something. Especially in the postseason and you are running a guy like Sale out there who can totally shut the other team down.

There is still a reasonable scenario where the Braves get in the playoffs and all of a sudden are a real threat.

• BumBum Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love this move. An Alpha to add to the lineup. Rattle those bats and let’s play some ball

The big question is. Soler is usually a DH I think. But no chance you are moving Ozuna off of that. He has carried the team all year.

So if Soler is going to play he will have to play the field.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've read he's a pretty decent defender in the OF. Something the Big Bear isn't. Hard to imagine he can't match/improve upon what our OF has been doing at the plate.

• RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Harris should be back mid to late August. You simply don't rush hamstrings.

Makes sense. Eventually you get Harris back in CF then play whoever is hot in LF. Or put Duvall in CF if Harris falters.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree, an extremely solid outing last night. Sometimes pitching just takes a while longer to develop that top notch consistency. Just recall Tom Glavine who was anything but impressive for a long minute before he started to blossom. It's just harder for some to get that consistency going. I love his stuff.

• RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's playing right field. Strong arm and experience at this spot. Marlins played him there 32 games in 23. We played him exclusively in right field in 21 season (50 games), and he played a total of nearly 100 games in right that year overall with both the Royals & Braves.