Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2024 Braves

Comments

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's plenty of time, but right now I don't find plenty of hope. The lineup we are putting out isn't great, and some guys regressing has really hurt. If Olson was just on pace for a little below average season for him we'd be in good shape right now. The injuries have been ridiculous so I give it a pass. I expect AA to make some small moves to bolster the lineup and hope the right guys can get hot. Odds aren't great but the pitching staff actually project decently for the postseason.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree that there still time, but something has to change. This is a good team that is not playing like it could/should. Not sure what can be done. It might be as simple as a big night at the plate for one guy that then spreads confidence to others. The word "languishing" comes to mind to describe their current state of affairs.

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think so really. The loss of Mr. Washington and EY seems to loom large, but there are countless players across pro sports with long term contracts who perform well. I've not looked in depth , at the converse, but those who don't perform get more press than those who do.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 15,762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love the Braves as much as anyone else in our forum. It’s just not their year.

GO BRAVES!!!

Young Schwellenbach may be showing he belongs in the bigs. Throw a shutout and you can't lose. Only had 6 hits but 3 were big flies - more than enough to back his stellar effort.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Finally! The Braves bats have been dreadful but showed some life today. Where would this team be without the Big Bear? Just over a year ago I was dog cussing him. If they can get Harris back soon, we might make the playoffs after all.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,987 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 15,762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice win but we are going to need a miracle to end up with more than one or two actual big leaguers at this rate of injury.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Soler and Jackson are back

• swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone know if Harris II is coming back? If so when?

I still think the Braves could make some noise this year.

Get Harris back. Get Fried back. Get Albies back. You still have a pretty good infield. Riley Arcia (defense is still elite) Albies and Olson. Those guys have underperformed so far. Could that change? If so all of a sudden the offense doesnt look too bad.

Patch together the OF between Harris, Duvall, Rosario, Soler, and Kelnick. Not sure they can carry that many but maybe. You get a couple of the guys above hot and guys like Riley and Olson start hitting maybe you have something. Especially in the postseason and you are running a guy like Sale out there who can totally shut the other team down.

There is still a reasonable scenario where the Braves get in the playoffs and all of a sudden are a real threat.

• BumBum Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love this move. An Alpha to add to the lineup. Rattle those bats and let’s play some ball

• swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The big question is. Soler is usually a DH I think. But no chance you are moving Ozuna off of that. He has carried the team all year.

So if Soler is going to play he will have to play the field.