Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2024 Braves

Comments

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 22

Da.mn. Hate it that the Braves are doing not as well as I believed that they would, that is if they (all of the injured regulars) were all healthy and still playing… but they are not all out there now, and not all of the Braves that I love are still playing right now… the ones that do remain I am certain are doing their collective very best, which at this stage later on in the regular season, it just might not be enough… but this game is called still called BASEBALL. I also know that ANYTHING can happen when the game is baseball.
    GO BRAVES!!!!

• RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just got to keep playing to win series and solidify a lineup. Anticipate Soler returning next week to lineup and going to a defensive replacement when possible late. I personally like having Merrifield at bottom of the order to use his base stealing more.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the hitting so inconsistent, we really need the pitching staff to keep up the good work.

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As I understand Braves broadcast, if on a national broadcast local viewing in so called Braves territory is allowed. Espn, fox, tbs, we are now allowed to see. Not so if not picked up by a national broadcast. Still blacked out if only broadcast by Billy on MLB network.

In luck tonight on Fox.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for the explanation on Braves broadcasts Philipsmith. Lots of twist and turns to view Braves baseball these days.

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, it was a win. And we took the series 2-1. But 25 strikeouts in the game?

I wish there was a sensible way to fix this and create more action.

• BumBum Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A sensible thing that gets discussed sometimes is lowering the mound a little bit. The pitchers would throw it almost as hard but the angles work more in favor of a batter's swing path. Thus creating more contact and less strikeouts. Most changes I don't like. That one as a former hitter makes some sense. Some pitchers nowdays that are "on" that day are almost unhittable.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Never thought of that. If I become commissioner, I'd institute that. It might even force pitchers to lean more towards guile (a al Maddux and Glavine). The best hitters will still hit the "best", but the "best" might be different. Pete Rose, Rod Carew, and that type of hitter will always do well.