Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2024 Braves

Comments

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how Acuna scored the winning run in the bottom of the 10th after making the last out in the bottom of the ninth? Is there some obscure rule about extras that allows a leadoff hitter to bat again after making the last out in regulation?

And apparently Acuna was at second base when Harris II hit the walk off double. How did Acuna get to second base? Hit a double? No, he was 0 for 3. Walk and a steal? No, he had 1 stolen base in the first inning. Walk and an error? No, the Marlins didn't commit any errors. I dont get it.

Had the game been televised, I could have figured this out, but coverage by the MLB channel was blacked out. Again.

Thanks for the explanation. I am behind the times.

I guess that helps support one of baseball's objectives: to shorten the games.

• RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've seen people begging all over the world for many reasons

These MLB umpires are begging for an electronic strike zone as hard as any begging I've ever seen.

From what I've seen, the umpires almost always get the calls right. Sometimes the low and outside balls graze the strike zone and they still call it a strike. If it's the home team, the fans and teammates might express disapproval, but the umpires still got it right.

The majority of missed calls imo are balls high in the strike zone that are strikes, but are called balls. Especially high and Inside. But very seldom are calls missed.

It's 2024,, put in the electronic strike zone, let the umps call the game and give each team 5 challenges

edited April 29

No apology necessary. I appreciate your response. Everyone's response.

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough loss last night

Strong pitching performances by both teams. Just 7 hits and 26 k's combined.

The boys are not hitting enough. Read where Acuna's bat speed is 1.7 mph slower than last year.

• Dennis_BDennis_B Posts: 97 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Comcast dropped Bally and therefore, the majority of the Braves game. Anybody know of an inexpensive way to be able to watch Braves games on Bally now if I have Comcast?