Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My health journey

dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Summary of my cancer journey

8/22 - Diagnosed stage 2 liver cancer, 7cm tumor 

10/22- begin 3 weeks of 5 days a week external beam radiation ending 11/23

3/23 - clear scan

6/23 - clear scan

9/23 - 2cm tumor found. Was part of original tumor just outside the margin of good tissue they took.  Told it was microscopic and that’s why it didn’t get treated.

10/23 - as can’t radiate but once per year, put on immunotherapy through 11/23 - sick as a dog after each treatment 

12/23 - radiation oncologist treating me dies unexpectedly. No other radonc will try treatment due to advancing cirrhosis 

1/24 - begin eval for transplant in ATL and Houston. Mayo in JAX on hold due to worsening health

3/24 - tumor growth stops transplant  treatment plans

4/24  - start process to treat tumor with internal radiation

5/24 - getting radiation later this week

Along the way, it’s been rough…

11/23 - hepatic encephalopathy (toxins not filtered by liver) lands me in ER incoherent. Treatment clears toxins and put on $3400 a month medication to help filter toxins

12/23 - dehydrated so much can barely crawl. Week in hospital with cellulitis and staphylococcus infection in my bloodstream.

1/24 - 2 weeks additional in home antibiotic injections 3 times a day

Late 1/24 - back in hospital dehydrated and kidneys shutting down. Change in meds stops kidney issue.  Begin weekly paracentheis treatments - needle then catheter through abdominal wall to drain ascetic fluid leaking from veins/arteries around liver. As fun as it sounds.

2/24 - hospitalization with dehydration  due to infected ascites fluid. 12/23 through 3/24 can’t eat or barely drink, lose 40 pounds 

3/24 - finally able to drink/eat a little. Hospitalized for 4 days for shortness of breath when lying down, new ailment is HPS (hepatic pulmonary syndrome) where veins in lung swell due to back pressure from cirrhotic liver. Put on at home O2, no cure except transplant 

What a long strange trip it’s been. Please pray for me and I get the transplant. Time is running low.

Comments

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep up the good fight! What you have been thru is terrible, wishing for your speedy recovery.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go's bless you for a recovery

• Options
    BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thinking of you.

• Options
    RamRam Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am so sorry you have had to go trough this you are a strong person you got this !!

• Options

How are you today? Just checking in. Our Prayers are with you. It’s off-season but Charlie Condon and Anthony Edwards are repping the G well. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm so sorry to read about your cancer journey and will add you to my prayers.

• Options

Looking Strong! Keep on Keeping on. Great seeing a smile. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CantonDawgCantonDawg Posts: 233 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KEEP FIGHTING!

• Options
    Shuler82Shuler82 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

keep truckin’ like a doo-da Man!!