Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Random Thoughts

ChopperChopper Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

-Colorado is slowly becoming the Harlem Globetrotters of college football. Prime to the SEC is fun discussion but does he really know what he's doing?

-We might play Texas 3 times this year

-Mark Stoops and Melissa McCarthy have still never been seen in the same room.

-I watched the Bama/USF game at a bar in BHM and the natives are restless. They are fully expecting UGA to grind it's heel into them in Tuscaloosa. I also think it's a bad idea to name things (fields, buildings, statues) after people that are still living.

-Notre Dame will still be given a pass to the playoffs.

Comments

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 8

I don't think anyone feels Bama is a three or four loss team. We just need to make sure they have at least one. Or 2 if we play them twice. Now that Saban is not staring across the field af Kirby, I think it's a blessing. The team and coaches will be dialed in for Kentucky and then 2 weeks to get ready for Tuscaloosa!Go Dawgs!

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,299 mod

What I saw was that Texas is a very good and well coached team. It is going to be a war in Austin.

Bama is Bama and DeBoer ain't the answer….gone mid 3rd year….

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At Kentuck next. Think we'll win handily. But that next stretch…

Vs. Auburn, at Alabama, at Texas. What a gauntlet.

Yeah, the playoffs will be fun, but these regular-season slug-fests are better.

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now THAT is a bold prediction, IMHO. I know their fanbase is nuts, but…I think the guy can coach and any slight, seeming "slippage" will have the Gumps howling for blood.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TIER 1: UGA, Texas, OSU

TIER 2: Errybody else

50/50 on Tier 1 or Tier 2 winning championship

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another Tier Grouping

TIER 1: SEC

TIER 2: errybody else

75/25 on Tier 1 winning championship

• donniemdonniem Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

7 of the top 10 teams are in the SEC if I counted correctly. Big who?

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,299 mod

He will have a 3 loss season or could also be a 4 loss season, playoff loss included which for Bama is grounds enuff to boot him. Hard to follow a legend…..

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it’s going to get a lot harder for prime to bring kids to Colorado if they keep losing and look like that.

It’s a 3 team race right now. Dawgs, horns and Buckeyes. And that’s it. Could change but I’m not feeling the ducks or tide as of now.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 9

I personally don't see the SECCG being a rematch. My top pick today would be for Mizz to make Atlanta given they only play 3 currently ranked teams. These are @ Bama and Home games with Boston College and Oklahoma. Actually Oklahoma probably has the toughest schedule given that they play 5 of the top 7, the exceptions being UGA and OSU. In fact it is likely that UGA and OU will play a huge roll in determining who makes it to Atlanta even though neither is likely to be involved due to brutal schedules!

With the schedules as they are I would go Mizz v Texas!

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 9

Yep, great points. UGA's relative schedule is crazy this year. It's going be very tough to make the top two because we have a gauntlet and others have a relative cake walk. I think we have a great team, but staying healthy and focused through the whole gauntlet will be critical. Currently, UGA has four top ten SEC opponents cued up—Bama, Horns, OM, and Tenn! Texas has one top ten SEC opponent left—us. Ole Miss has one—us. Mizzou has one—Bama. Tenn has two—us and Bama. Bama has three—us, Tenn, and Mizzou. I'm always optimistic, but if I were betting, I would bet UGA won't make the SECCG. If we get a lot of injuries or lose focus for a game or two we could even miss the CFPs.

• BumBum Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn’t know Tennessee had a Tech. We should have played Virginia’s Tech, maybe Texas’ Tech, then I could have watched some Georgia football this weekend.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly. With 2 losses I would hope that both UGA and OU would be rewarded for their schedule but even though 6 of the best 7 teams are supposedly SEC teams do we really think that 5 of the 7 "at large" teams would ever be from 1 conference, I think not!